IGNORED

Sound Bar and Bluetooth Headphones

I have dimished hearing capabilities and need to have my TV louder than is comfortable with someone else in the room. My current TV has a Bluetooth capability but its shuts out the speakers.

I am willing to invest in a quality sound bar if if can SIMULTANEOUSLY transmit trough the speakers and the headphones.

Also, there should be a way to tune out latency between the TV, speakers and headphones.

Any thoughts on where to look?

On 10/11/2021 at 12:02 AM, michaelaP said:

I have dimished hearing capabilities and need to have my TV louder than is comfortable with someone else in the room. My current TV has a Bluetooth capability but its shuts out the speakers.

I am willing to invest in a quality sound bar if if can SIMULTANEOUSLY transmit trough the speakers and the headphones.

Also, there should be a way to tune out latency between the TV, speakers and headphones.

Any thoughts on where to look?

Perhaps this might be an alternative option if the problem is voice clarity for TV

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-use-your-apple-airpods-pro-as-hearing-aids

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Thank you for the link. I have a pair of very expensive, noise cancelling hearing aids (provided by the VA, thank you) and I have found that even the best of these appliances elevate all the amibient sound and not just the spoken word and I cannot use them effectively.

I have no problem with headphones and I have a decent pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones, but I have found even the millisecond delay annoying. 

I may be looking for something that is not available.

23 minutes ago, michaelaP said:

Thank you for the link. I have a pair of very expensive, noise cancelling hearing aids (provided by the VA, thank you) and I have found that even the best of these appliances elevate all the amibient sound and not just the spoken word and I cannot use them effectively.

I have no problem with headphones and I have a decent pair of Sony Bluetooth headphones, but I have found even the millisecond delay annoying. 

I may be looking for something that is not available.

Sounds like you need the headphones to be wired to avoid wireless delay. I have a 50’ toslink cable that I run from TV to DAC, I just enable speakers + toslink as default. Then just pick a headphone amp +DAC combo to use with wired headphones, suspect you’re Bose has a wired option as our Quietlink model does. You can buy a Schiit Fulla for $109

Regards,

Dave

Audio system