IGNORED

advice please about choosing the right Allo products

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but would like to say how much I've already learned reading through some of the most helpful and informative advice from your members.

I'm thinking of purchasing an Allo transport.  I set up my first DIY streamer last year, I bought a Khadas VIM3L and Toneboard, using Volumio and Tidal, and have been really impressed by the sound quality for such a modest outlay.  Unfortunately Volumio are no longer supporting the VIM3L so I need to change.  I happy to continue using the Toneboard for now, but I do intend to upgrade this over the next year along with the rest of my system.  I'm interested in the Allo products but have a few questions if someone can please help. 

I'm looking at the US Bridge Signature and the Digione Signature player.  Am I right in thinking the products will produce similar results, but one via USB and one via SPDIF?  I can use either input with my Toneboard (and also with one of the DACs I'm thinking of upgrading to) but I'm thinking the USB route may be more future proof?  

If I buy the US Bridge and find I need an SPDIF output in the future I think I can add the digione signature board?  If I started with the digione signature and then needed USB, is there an easy upgrade option?

Also, regarding the PSU, does the US Bridge have separate clean and dirty power like the digione signature.  I thought that I read that it does, but looking at the photos of the US Bridge player (in the case) and I can only see one power input.  I have an Allo Shanti dual PSU which I can use.

Thanks, Richard 

8 hours ago, Richard_uk said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but would like to say how much I've already learned reading through some of the most helpful and informative advice from your members.

I'm thinking of purchasing an Allo transport.  I set up my first DIY streamer last year, I bought a Khadas VIM3L and Toneboard, using Volumio and Tidal, and have been really impressed by the sound quality for such a modest outlay.  Unfortunately Volumio are no longer supporting the VIM3L so I need to change.  I happy to continue using the Toneboard for now, but I do intend to upgrade this over the next year along with the rest of my system.  I'm interested in the Allo products but have a few questions if someone can please help. 

I'm looking at the US Bridge Signature and the Digione Signature player.  Am I right in thinking the products will produce similar results, but one via USB and one via SPDIF?  I can use either input with my Toneboard (and also with one of the DACs I'm thinking of upgrading to) but I'm thinking the USB route may be more future proof?  

If I buy the US Bridge and find I need an SPDIF output in the future I think I can add the digione signature board?  If I started with the digione signature and then needed USB, is there an easy upgrade option?

Also, regarding the PSU, does the US Bridge have separate clean and dirty power like the digione signature.  I thought that I read that it does, but looking at the photos of the US Bridge player (in the case) and I can only see one power input.  I have an Allo Shanti dual PSU which I can use.

Thanks, Richard 

1. USBridge signature has USB output and Digione signature has SPDIF output.

2.Yes if you are buying USBridge signature , later you can add digione signature on top of USBridge signature.

(If you are buying Digione signature first , and later needed to add USBrdige signature , then you need to purchase USBridge signature player with case and need to remove Digione signature from RPI and need to place it on USBridge signature player )

3.USBridge signature have only one power supply option. You can give shanti's 5V3A to USBridge signature player . Only Digione Signature have separate clean power option.

Thanks Audio_Allo for answering that.  I'm happy now that I could use either the Digione Sig or the USBridge Sig, but I'm still unsure which to buy! 

If I'm comparing the two based purely on highest possible sound quality, is there any difference between the two?

Any comments much appreciated before I order one or the other.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Richard_uk said:

Thanks Audio_Allo for answering that.  I'm happy now that I could use either the Digione Sig or the USBridge Sig, but I'm still unsure which to buy! 

If I'm comparing the two based purely on highest possible sound quality, is there any difference between the two?

We cannot quantify the sound quality difference.

On 10/16/2021 at 11:58 PM, Richard_uk said:

Hi Richard,

Usb can playback dsd files without downsampling .. not sure if it is one of your consideration.

I am using the digione signature in my car hifi system and was using the usb signature in my home system since my car processor cannot handle dsd processing .. among other output format consideration.

Many prefers spdif and avoid usb but it also depends in how your dac handles these formats but I am impartial to both except whatever is possible.

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones