IGNORED

John Coltrane: A Love Supreme Live in Seattle!

Haven't heard it yet, someone has.? What do you think.?

"As far as most of us knew, there was only one live recording of A Love Supreme, a forty-seven-minute version performed on July 27,1965, at the Antibes Jazz Festival at Juan-les-Pins, France, in which Coltrane’s playing is exquisite yet somewhat restrained. But in 2013, a Seattle-based saxophonist named Steve Griggs discovered another live recording of A Love Supreme that had been taped by Coltrane’s friend, the saxophonist and flutist Joe Brazil, on October 2, 1965, at the end of a week’s engagement at the Penthouse, a Seattle club. More than twice as long as the studio recording, A Love Supreme: Live in Seattle is nothing short of a revelation: a bracing reimagining of the original, revealing the ways in which Coltrane’s understanding of his masterwork had evolved—and the radical new direction in which his music was moving."

John Coltrane: A Love Supreme Live in Seattle!

John Coltrane | A Love Supreme: Live In Seattle (2LP) – Platenzaak.nl

Got the same problem, The Rolling Stone claimed it would be out on 08.10 (October).

RS - Trane

Dodax.nl which has usually good prices and free delivery in the NL says: AVAILABLE FROM 22 October.

Dodax - Trane

From what I see - there will also be 24bit version.

Seems that as for the remaining other 3 parts for now we have only this well known recording. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/23/2021 at 4:00 AM, Rexp said:

Do you think we're hearing what was on the master tape?

What do you mean.?

I'm pretty sure the sound was altered in some way to make it as listenable as possible. We don't have big choice of remasters, I think..

I'm not into vinyl.

2 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

A well know story and for me as a huge fan of his music - a beautiful one. Is there any other musician who has his own church with his music performed during liturgy.?

I guess Clapton got almost to this point years ago..9_9

1 hour ago, StephenJK said:

Just a crazy notion, folks.  Buy the CD.  That's what I did.

You don't have to wonder what it sounds like.  You can listen to it. 

Before I even got the album, when we knew just "Psalm", I said - regardless what else is on it - for me it's the album of the year.

BTW, remember about a decade ago when asked about the best albums of the year, I used to say with full conviction - the 'new' Miles, 'new' Trane and Hendrix x-D