IGNORED

Sonore opticalRendu or Lumin U1 mini?

Just a side note - I'm definitely a fan of optical (ethernet) and ran fiber to my listening room yrs ago.  I go fiber direct from managed switch in network rack in util room on purpose - so as not to have to deal with the multiple boxes of media converters in audio rack.  If you go the fiber route I would recommend doing the same.  Just something to think about.

Now if I needed to switch back to ethernet in listening room, I'd have to use a media converter in audio rack or have a new ethernet run to listening room - which is totally doable in my situation though.

My rig

On 10/21/2021 at 2:47 PM, tomwoo said:

Thanks for your suggestion. Did you notice a big improvement of SQ when inserting opticalRendu into your system? I'm intrigued by optical isolation because Lumin also provided that as an option in their flagship X1.

In my rig, yes I did, no doubt.  

Just an FYI (I'm sure you're aware) but the X1 is a completely different item than the opticalRendu, not to mention cost.

My rig

On 10/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, MarkusBarkus said:

I pulled MM and SM fiber, as well as Cat6 and a cryo-ed, unsheathed ethernet cable from the network closet to the listening room, so I could test it all and compare. I also have both SFP and SFP+ in the network.

Nice.  Definitely nice to have those options if you can.  Not sure why I didn't run copper at the time of my fiber run, but I just don't see myself changing away from fiber.  Although not too difficult (luckily) to run copper to my room if need be.

My rig