IGNORED

Article: The Sounds of Summer (My Outdoor Audio Project)

I enjoyed reading your home improvement DIY project as that was pretty cool.  I also like seeing pictures of other parts of the USA which made me a little sick for the neighborhoods I grew up in on the East coast.  My only constructive criticism is a smaller pipe to hold the speakers were have been less noticeable, unless you were accounting for high winds or the speakers are really heavy?  It is killer when mother nature weathers the equipment.  My back was hurting just reading about the trenching task.  I would have never even considered trenching myself LOL.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

Chris,

I assumed the real reason you installed this system was to increase egg production, but then I saw that you are using the incorrect genre for that goal:  https://www.producer.com/news/mellow-music-puts-hens-in-the-mood-for-laying/

The magic CD can be downloaded.  😏

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

1 hour ago, PYP said:

Chris,

I assumed the real reason you installed this system was to increase egg production, but then I saw that you are using the incorrect genre for that goal:  https://www.producer.com/news/mellow-music-puts-hens-in-the-mood-for-laying/

The magic CD can be downloaded.  😏

I love it!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@The Computer Audiophile

I honestly really like the way this project turned out and appreciate the sound judgement throughout.  I say this with the utmost regard for your avoidance of every single awful design trend that could've snuck in to overrule worth of the practical end result.  Of course it ended up looking like it sat in your garden and the metal caps formed a protective layer of rust.  By mid-Spring you won't even know they are there without making an effort to look.  Perfect. 

For the climate conditions they'll face you did an excellent job here.  Be curious to hear if you get any use out of it this Winter and how the sound is.  Lush grass and tree leaves gently diffusing music trickling out of speakers is only half the year.  Just be aware how far and focused the sound will carry.         

[90% of this post was redacted once I admitted @AudioDoctor obliterated with a few words what I could've put a lot more work into.    x-D  Bravo!]       

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Do you plan on storing or taking the speakers in during the winter months?

From the article: "The way I mounted the speakers to the stands will enable me to remove them for the winter easily."

6 minutes ago, lucretius said:

It looks like foxes and coyotes are not a problem in your area.

They are around, but can't get into this coop. I laid chicken wire under the ground, coming out from the coop two feet. Any animal that digs, hits the wire and gives up. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png