IGNORED

Forgive me Father.. aka confession of audio heretic..

If you prefer liste

15 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

For decades the live sound has been kind of Holy Grail of the audiophile world.

Says who? It seems to me that most audiophiles understand that there is a recording process. What were you expecting exactly? 

Audiophiles care about the quality of recordings and the quality of their system. Non-audiophiles care about the quality of the recordings, but are not obsessed about the quality of their systems. 

But I don't think anyone is under the illusion that they will recreate live sounds in their living room.if they claim the contrary, it's probably a figure of speech. 

That being said, a lot of audiophiles refer to individual instruments sounding "real" or "natural" when played through their system, but that is a different thing than saying the whole recording sounds live. I personally think it's a way of saying that the system does not introduce significant "distortions" vis à vis the recording. How can one tell? This has already been debated at length... 

17 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Luckily in most cases.

9_9

I'm sorry you have such a bad experience of concert halls and clubs. I really think you are in a minority here. Sure there are concert halls and clubs with bad acoustics, there's nothing new here. There is also more to seing an artist perform live than just audio quality. In conclusion, I don't really understand your problem... 

14 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Actually, it will not sound the same. Microphones, the sq of the recording system, etc. all affect it. So no, I don't think it is possible.

And last but not least, the speakers. Think of all the variety of speakers available. Do they all sound alike? No. 

A single note on an instrument is quite complex (multiple frequencies and levels over time) and no speaker will reproduce it exactly.