IGNORED

I Am a Big Eric Clapton Fan. Cultural Appropriation is BS

7 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

By the way, those who like to calculate who owes what to whom can safely take note of the fact that Bob Marley was black on his mum, white on his dad, and his grandmother, his father's mother, was a Syrian Jew. Many Caribbean musicians, including those in the reggae genre, have very diverse backgrounds, including Chinese or Indian roots. 

Thank you for this, have been meaning to make the comment for a couple of days.  His mother was very black.

I also meant to correct @sphinxsix re. his melanoma being a "white person's" disease.  He had melanoma of the nail-bed of a toe, this different epidemiologically from the melanoma lesions most think about.  He refused (an attempt, it is a bad disease) a chance for surgical cure with amputation.  The seizures he suffered in NY were from brain metastases:

Subungual melanoma: a deceptive disorder

Abstract

Subungual melanoma is an uncommon form of acral melanoma that arises within the nail bed. The incidence for acral melanomas is similar worldwide, but the proportion is higher in dark-skinned individuals. The subungual form represents about 2% of cutaneous non-sun induced melanomas in the western world, and up to 75% in Africans, 10% in Japanese, and 25% in the Chinese of Hong Kong. Up to 33% of subungual melanomas are amelanotic. Black pigmentation of the adjacent nail fold, termed Hutchinson's sign, may be a diagnostic clue. Non-specific features and symptoms along with a high incidence of amelanosis often lead to delayed diagnosis, disease progression, and a poor prognosis with challenging treatment options.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19111151/

Bill

P.S. my Caribbean friends who like Damian Marley were intrigued when I explained that 3 out of his 4 grandparents were white...

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant