IGNORED

I Am a Big Eric Clapton Fan. Cultural Appropriation is BS

10 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

It feels like all British rock is deliberately reduced to the early Stones or Led Zeppelin. Was the influence of the black blues central and fundamental to the mature Yes, King Crimson, The Moody Blues, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Genesis, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, The Alan Parsons Project, Roxy Music, Gentle Giant, Supertramp, Manfred Mann's Earth Band and so on?

Well, if we're talking about the sixties, some of those bands didn't get started until very late sixties and early seventies. Other well known British blues rock bands  besides Stones and Led Zep (two behemoths) are Cream, the Yardbirds (very important!), the Animals, John Mayall, early Fleetwood Mac, Savoy Brown, Ten Years After, and more, some not so well known outside of G.B. but very influential like Alexis Korner's band, Long John Baldry, and others some of our Brit members are much more familiar with.

Like Nombedes, I was one of those kids who came up on this British blues rock, loved it, and played a lot of it in a band. Even though I lived only a few miles from Chicago, I was a kid, so I didn't hear a lot of Chicago Blues until 1970 and beyond. I've also re-listened to a lot of Eric Clapton's blues covers recently, and I really respect the contribution to blues he has made, both musically and through the Crossroads shows. I don't share his politics.

p.s. I am a big Bob Wills fan.  🤠