IGNORED

Speakers for travel, better than the usual Bluetooth ones?

Sony used to make nice Bluetooth speakers, then they got roped into the whole ruggedized, waterproof, with flashing, colored LED BS.

I was shopping for a Bose Bluetooth speaker a couple years ago, and was about to pony up for their big one. Lo and behold! right next to the Bose display was a Sony display, and their SRS-X5 sounded a lot better than the competing Bose. The Bose seemed to be missing all the mid tones and some of the highs and bass was a bit muddy, but the Sony SRS-X5 had all of it. Its standard coupling is Bluetooh, but it has an AUX input jack, 1/8" mini-phono. Sometimes, I use that to play my old tapes from an equally old Walkman. :-)

The way these are built is that they have a powered subwoofer in the middle and one full-range driver on each end.

Anyway, I wound up with the Sony SRS-X5 and have been really happy with it for the last 4+ years. Sony doesn't make anything like it any more, the and the built-in Li-Ion battery life is starting to go*, so I might be shopping again soon. Top choice so far is the big Marshall one that looks like one of their guitar amps.

I considered JBL, but none of their stuff has any bass until it gets really big.

Those separate speaker systems don't seem like they'd have any lows to speak of. For a portable rig, you won't need it thump really hard, but you don't want to just not have any bass either.

* this point, with a built-in, proprietary Li-Ion battery is a killer. If they're built in and not able to be replaced, then you're basically considering products costing many hundreds of dollars that will be done in 5 years. My Sony also plugs in with a separate power supply, (and it has better bass while plugged in) but if the battery is totally dead, I'm not sure it'll work.

Sounds like you're the air travel equivalent of a ultralight backpacker. :-)

Or are trying to be, but are struggling with leaving behind some creature comforts, hehehe. If it were me, I think I'd either pack nice headphones OR a nice speaker, but not both. This is probably sacrilege, but I like my Bose QuietComfort over-the-ear headphones for traveling. While on the plane, they cancel out the white noise of the plane engines and they sound really good to me. You may tire of wearing them in the hotel, though. Maybe a set of the in-ear noise canceling 'phones, then you'd have room for a Bluetooth speaker of your choice?

Supplements are going a bit off topic, but every doctor I've spoken to told me that if I eat a balanced diet, I shouldn't need supplements. The only exception is that I need Vitamin D because I'm a melanoma survivor who avoids sun most of the time. I used to take a multivitamin, but all it seemed to do was make my hair and fingernails grow too fast. I do take Vitamin C and Zinc if I feel a cold coming on and I find it shortens the duration. I take a Vitamin B12 once in awhile, as I tend to get cold sores, which indicate a lack of this vitamin. (and/or sleep)  Geez, I guess I AM a supplement kook...