"Bob Wills Is Still the King" (Western Swing)

christopher3393

By way of intro:

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" (Live in Texas - September 1974) · Waylon Jennings

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" Live, Rolling Stones, A Bigger Bang Tour. Austin, Texas. 2006

"Bob Wills Is Still The King" · Asleep At The Wheel, Clint Black, Ride With Bob, 1999

Asleep at The Wheel & Ray Benson discuss 'STILL THE KING' on The Texas Music Scene, 2015

This one's in frequent rotation these days, written by Bob Wills and Tommy Duncan:

"Stay a Little Longer" · Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys Tiffany Transcriptions, Vol. 2 ℗ 1946

"Stay All Night (Stay a Little Longer)" (Remastered) · Willie Nelson, 1973

"Stay a Little Longer" -  a young Steve Earle and Rodney Crowell, et alia. From the movie "Heartworn Highways", 1975

The Avett Brothers played "Stay All Night" frequently as part of their encore on their 2016 tour. Sounds not great but the spirit is there:

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Mayfair said:

Superb 4 CD compilation covering 1932 through 1950, excellent booklet, and I think a must-have if you're a fan of Bob Wills and western swing.

Bob Wills - Take Me Back To Tulsa.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Take-Back-Tulsa-Bob-Wills/dp/B00005TO15

Thanks! Helpful recommendation, especially as roughly '35- '50 are considered the prime years. I'm relatively new to this music but am enjoying it.

Here's "Take the 'A' Train" - Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys, 1947  --- Never heard a version quite like this  🤠