IGNORED

Playing with the Etherregen - Quick q

TimF

I found the best performance was by isolating all networked audio gear to the  Etheregen and running 1 port to the router purely for DHCP, wifi remote control,

and Internet streaming. Routers are  necessary  but can introduce unpredictable latency if you have to traverse them. By putting your networked gear on same switch

traffic between them will  stay local across the switch.

Improving the stock PS to the router is fine for reducing"misbehavior" that adds latency/jitter that matters for streamed services like Qobuz, Tidal, internet browsing

etc. Buying a better router might make more sense if the router cost under $200

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 9/25/2021 at 11:14 AM, TimF said:

I only have one device on the switch Dave that’s the streamer. Outside of a lpsu being useful I am unclear about your answer. My router is aftermarket and not the cheapest ones given out free. 

thanks Tim  

The local media server  (PC or NAS) that feeds your Auralic streamer  should be directly connected to the EtherRegen.

In my  case there are 3 network devices for playback  connected to EtherRegen. I run Powerline Ethernet to the distant router  for WiFi tablet controllers

and Internet Qobuz streaming.

NAS => streaming server (main system USB out source)  => Atom endpoint (headphone listening station USB source)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 hours ago, TimF said:

Hi Dave.. 

"The local media server  (PC or NAS) that feeds your Auralic streamer  should be directly connected to the EtherRegen." 

There is no PC or NAS feeding the Auralic, it is the single source running Tidal. 

Cheers, Tim

From your later post you have the same router I have with an integrated ADSL modem. And the EtherRegen is basically functioning

as an electrical isolator since all traffic must traverse the router if Tidal is your only source. In your shoes I would

a) research any recommended network settings by Tidal and verify that they are enabled on the router

b) review user manual, section 10 1 Prioritize Internet Traffic with QoS , see if you can prioritize Internet traffic to the Etheregen/Auralic streamer

Regards,

Dave

Audio system