IGNORED

Playing DSD

alice

Question

I currently use an Ultra Rendu connected to my Musical Paradise MP-D2 MK3 DAC

The Music is stored on my Synology NAS.

The App I use is Bubble UPnP, and use Lumin on my mobile to connect to the music.

I'am pretty sure its a setting on the Ultra Rendu that I need to update.

When I try playing DSD, its stuttering.

Appreciate your help.

4 answers to this question

I looked up your DAC and it's capable of DSD playback. Is your software playing the DSD as is, or converting it to PCM?

So either you need to change a software setting, your NAS is having difficulty, or you have a network issue.

The above post is correct. Try to play the DSD back directly from a computer, this will help you see where the problem is. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 9/25/2021 at 2:40 PM, wklie said:

Try directly connect the DAC to a Windows or Mac computer, and play the DSD file using a music player software.  This verifies the DAC is indeed capable of playing DSD.

I should have explained, I used to use Roon previously and DSD was working via the DAC.

I don't believe the DAC is the issue.