IGNORED

A DIRAC question for Kal Robinson

shum3s

Kal I really enjoy your recent review on DIRAC. I currently have the stereo version, using 3 subs. When I take my measurements I treat all 3 subs (mono) as one system with my left and right speakers.  My question is, would I get better results if I upgraded to the multichannel version of DIRAC so that I can measure 2.1 setup?  (150.00)    Thank you, Sam

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.

Not Robinson but here goes.......................................

I am not sure about whether there is a multi-sub option for the stereo version but you should ask Dirac about that.

OTOH, if you treat all 3 subs as one, you get the same EQ on all and that might be OK.  Some people EQ the subs individually before connecting them up to Dirac for the final touch and you can do that with hardware (e.g., DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 or a miniDSP device) or software (e.g., MSO).

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Thanks Kal! Sorry about misspelling your last name- writer dyslexic 😏

Regarding the stereo version, the 2.1 selection is “greyed out.  I presume in a 2.1  scenario at least the 3 subs would get there own measurement- even though they are in 3 different locations- I will look into your other suggestions. 
  Thanks, Sam 

C.A.P. Pipeline, windows pro 10 > Roon > SOtM USB > Keces power supply > HDplex power supply > 4x2 HD Mini DSP > Ayre DSD QB-9 > Naim CDX > ModWright 9 S.E. Preamp > A21 Parasound Amplifier > Magnepan .7 > Augie's Dipole sub, ML sub, DIY sub > Dedicated room with acoustical treatment.