IGNORED

My DIY wooden Music Server - piCorePlayer + PecanPi Dac (Orchard Audio)

Renato

Very nice. Any issues with the internal temperatures on the Pi?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi, 

Temperature control is a concern because of wood.

But there is no cover on the back, I made a big hole below the Raspberry board, as well as on the sides that still have the help of the aluminum profile...

I don't know how to check the temperature by piCorePlayer (I'll search) but I've been using it for hours in a really hot neighborhood without any problem.

2021-09-23_103905.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It was perhaps the most impactful upgrade on my system. Comparing it to a PC Fanless with Daphile, it sounds much more balanced and transparent, without losing musicality.

The sound stage is very realistic and the immersion is impressive.

With Daphile, I have others DACs and interfaces that served as a comparison, in the same room, they are:

M2Tech Young
Topping D30 (not the PRO)
Behringer UMC204HD

But in my opinion, the biggest upgrade of this solution is the simplification of many parts in the system. I removed a PC + DAC + PREAMP and all the bad things that this represents, like interconnection cable, power, usb and all active circuits...

Currently, the system only has Streamer + Power.

I'm just waiting for the XLR cables to arrive to use the system to its fullest, I'm currently using RCA adapters...

In the audio, less is usually more...

As I've always considered Daphile to be the most complete of systems, the switch to piCorePlayer was smooth and natural.

I am amazed!

On 9/24/2021 at 3:12 PM, Mr Morris said:

Your photo's tell a great story.  Lovely work and great to be able to eliminate  so much from the chain.

Thanks for the good words.

In fact I'm very happy with the simplification of the system and how much it impacted the result.

🤜🤛

• 2 weeks later...