IGNORED

David Eagleman on why reality is an illusion

semente

I don't know if you all would agree there's something of this psychological "misdirection" happening with circuit design and how signal through one circuit is more or less "misdirected" as it comes out the transducer, but I sort of feel (best I can do) that this is what I'm hearing when comparing my long time separates system with an integrated amp I have on hand. One system is class A/B and the other more class A.

One seems to present the recording more "evenly" for lack of a better word, while the other presents certain tones or frequencies (can't quite decide if I can tell which) more prominently so that you don't quite hear the other tones/shades/harmonics you hear on the other system. A simple example is vocalists singing in harmony (this is pop and classic rock and R&B stuff)–one system presents the harmonies more more clearly than the other. Maybe one system is timbrally "better" than the other? This effect happens with cymbals as well.

Anyway, just a thought about electronics and hearing.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.