IGNORED

Article: Part 2: RAAL-requisite SR1a Earfield Headphone Monitor & HSA-1b Headphone & Speaker Amplifier Review

13 hours ago, RickyV said:

no I do upsample to 353khz in pcm because to my logic my DAC can do  the rest of the upsampling better, 512 dsd. To much strain on my NUC too.

I doubt there are DACs that have the amount of DSP power available to do that. Even NUC has more CPU power than any DAC I'm aware of.

And an other thing is because I use speakers and the headphones i am going to use stylus without HQplayer so without filters for my speakers and stylus with HQplayer with convolution filters for the raal. 

You can easily have two matrix profiles and then switch between those, even on the fly. You just need to perform convolution using the matrix pipeline processor, instead of the simple convolution engine.

Note that when you use any DSP, like convolution, you must use dither or noise/shaper for PCM outputs. Otherwise you have a distortion generator. You will also benefit from running upsampling at the same time, as you get increased headroom. You gain one bit worth every time you double the sampling rate (flat dithers like TPDF), and more if you use noise-shaper.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, RickyV said:

MDAT™: 8x DSD upsampling 

From there, the signal goes straight into the newly updated Meitner Digital Audio Translator (MDAT2™) which upsamples digital audio to DSD512/8xDSD, eight times the SACD standard sampling rate.

Yeah, HQPlayer can do that too, with advanced modulators and run real full 512x digital filters on the way. You can also do DSD1024 the same way.

1 hour ago, RickyV said:

So these setting are no good then for the use with convolution filters?

You need to ask Euphony guys, I don't recognize that GUI stuff. I only know HQPlayer's GUI.

1 hour ago, RickyV said:

I am new to HQplayer so for now I would just like to upsample in PCM to 353khz.

And I need to set dither or PCM resampling noise filter. Is it easier to do this in the HQplayer UI?

You need to set the upsampling filter and a dither/noise-shaper of you choice. In HQPlayer GUI there's the Help-link in top-right corner that contains some information that likely is helpful.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers