IGNORED

DigiOne died?

Hi, I'd like to know is it safe to use the DigiOne with a rpi4? As I've been using one for over a year with a rpi3 and was very happy and never had any issues. I recently discovered a custom squeeze lite that only runs on rpi4 so I thought I'd give it a try and upgraded the pi under my DigiOne to a rpi4, I set It up with the custom squeezelite and was running fine and again I was very happy.

I then decide to add an SD card extension to my case like I'd previously used on a rpi3 but on the rpi4 I had problems, going by the light on the RPI it looked to be booting up but I could not connect through the web interface, I tried a few reboots and it was the same. I put the SD card back in the pi itself and it booted and connected fine, I tried the SD card extension again and still the same problems. So I gave up on the SD card extension idea and went back to SD card in the pi itself.

It all boots up fine, I can connect in web interface, DigiOne card is populated on boot up, squeezelite is starting but when I start playing music through the app or LMS webpage the DigiOne shows as playing but I'm getting no output into my DAC, I've double checked all connections and settings, no errors in boot log, re flashed fresh standard install of picoreplayer and still not getting any out put into my DAC.

Have I killed it somehow? 

On 9/11/2021 at 8:57 AM, CyberCynique said:

Hi, I'd like to know is it safe to use the DigiOne with a rpi4? As I've been using one for over a year with a rpi3 and was very happy and never had any issues. I recently discovered a custom squeeze lite that only runs on rpi4 so I thought I'd give it a try and upgraded the pi under my DigiOne to a rpi4, I set It up with the custom squeezelite and was running fine and again I was very happy.

I then decide to add an SD card extension to my case like I'd previously used on a rpi3 but on the rpi4 I had problems, going by the light on the RPI it looked to be booting up but I could not connect through the web interface, I tried a few reboots and it was the same. I put the SD card back in the pi itself and it booted and connected fine, I tried the SD card extension again and still the same problems. So I gave up on the SD card extension idea and went back to SD card in the pi itself.

It all boots up fine, I can connect in web interface, DigiOne card is populated on boot up, squeezelite is starting but when I start playing music through the app or LMS webpage the DigiOne shows as playing but I'm getting no output into my DAC, I've double checked all connections and settings, no errors in boot log, re flashed fresh standard install of picoreplayer and still not getting any out put into my DAC.

Have I killed it somehow? 

Have you selected audio output device as Allo Digione and rebooted the player?

Can you please login to the player through ssh and share below command result

aplay -l     (Lower case of L)

Hello, yes I have selected Allo Digione as the output device and rebooted.

The results of the aplay -l command are

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndallodigione [snd_allo_digione], device 0: Allo DigiOne HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 [Allo DigiOne HiFi wm8804-spdif-0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0