IGNORED

Any thoughts? JCAT XE issue w/ New Audio Computer Build

Gator01

Give Daphile a whirl, you can test fly it from a USB stick. It's a ready cooked Linux distro with LMS (Logitech Media Server) integrated, to my ears it sounds very good, better than foobar audilinux, Euphony etc.

As a complete Linux noob I managed to get it up and running, there is not a whole lot of information other than for installation but it's user friendly enough.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

23 minutes ago, Gator01 said:

MarceINL, 

Will Daphile integrate with an Arch Linux distro? I would really like to build something similar to the software I currently have on Windows (HQPlayer, Fidelize) using Linux, for its lighter weight, lower CPU hogging, etc., but I am having a hard time finding comparable software, and most of the stuff I've found requires compiling from scratch, and I don't know Linux well enough to build those packages. They seem much more difficult than a simple .tar package, which I have had occasional success with. 

As far as I am aware Daphile IS an Arch linux distribution, or contains much of it but with Logitech Media Server included, the combo is an all in one package that rationalizes CPU settings, can switch off USB ports etc, plays music from Ram if you want...I don;t think you need to add or change anything and there are some functions I never looked at.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

here; Taiko audio, they make a.o. the Extreme Audio server, speaks about their new dedicated media player software...for now they had replaced Roon etc by a player based on LMS...

Daphile sounds just great, I do not get why not more folks use it,

2 hours ago, MarcelNL said:

here; Taiko audio, they make a.o. the Extreme Audio server, speaks about their new dedicated media player software...for now they had replaced Roon etc by a player based on LMS...

Daphile sounds just great, I do not get why not more folks use it,

UNable to edit anyome; I forgot to paste the link; 

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/page-402