IGNORED

Audio reproduction is a matter of taste?

It is all taste.  If you like it -  then it is to your taste.  What is hard about this?  I like bass.  Some people may not like bass.

So my system to me is great, to others no so much.  Who cares?  If I am happy, I do not care what the original recording "sounds like".   And who knows what it sounds like anyway.  In my room?  in your room?  Unless we have identical listening spaces it is all going to be different anyway.  

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

•  
       On 9/12/2021 at 4:58 PM,  NOMBEDES said: 

As I stated.  It is all taste driven. If you like it...it is good.  If you don't like it....it is not to your taste.  You can spend a lot of money, but taste wins every time.

@Rexp:

Strong augument you have there, 😂

On 9/13/2021 at 2:07 AM,  John Dyson said: Trying to find 'perfection' seems to be futile and a waste of time for me.   I just want to enjoy the music without serious distractions.

and then @bluesman SAID:   And that's the bottom line.  Truth be told, we have no idea what we're hearing by the time most recorded material hits our speakers unless the liner notes tell us.  For pure listening pleasure, most of us want to hear what we like to hear.  That may be specific instruments (e.g. a Fazioli, a Guarneri, or a DeAngelico New Yorker), genres played on "correct" instruments, etc.  It may be a specific sonic palette or a combination of other personal preferences.  But if it sounds good, it is good whether or not the reproduction is true to the recorded performance or the concept sought by the production staff

@Bluesman and J. Dyson, express themselves better than I.   ~  Nombe  (no argument)

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law