IGNORED

Article: New Schiit Yggdrasil Blind Listening Comparison

2 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

I don't know about that. Jason and one of the others present preferred the MiL, no? From the sonic descriptions, I suspect I might too. I tend to go for highly resolving, and accommodate with complementary cables. How something sounds in my system does not define how it will sound in others'.

Not sure, I read the article late last night and must have missed the part about others preferences. I'll re-read it. I was, as I am positive you are aware, just trying to be funny.

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

In my opinion, LiM is the most resolving. 

I just re-read the article. I noticed you mentioned the OG has great tone and I sat back, closed my eyes, and listened as it is playing right now through the McIntosh. Yes, tone, that's what I love about this DAC. I prefer 24/192 through it to high rate DSD through the DA2 in the McIntosh.

No electron left behind.

I think this is a great idea from Schiit. They know that not everyone listens the same, or hears the same, or has the same system, or wants the same thing, so they give people choices. It even costs LESS money! If you agree that this is all subjective, then you have to agree that 3 different DAC choices is good and may appeal to 3 different type of people.

My ears were perked up when Chris mentioned the tone of the OG. That's one of my favorite things about it and considering the descriptions of the other two it would require some listening on my own, in my system, to decide if I wanted to change. Notice, I did not say upgrade...

No electron left behind.

37 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Would u say 3 Michelin star French cuisine tastes better than  no Michelin star French cuisine? 

Do you know the process of acquiring a Michelin star? I have read stories about it not always being above board...

That said, I can see a scenario where a non Michelin star restaurant or chef could make food just as good or better. I have a friend who travels to attend cooking classes in Italy and France regularly, as well as here in town and the US. She is an amazing cook. I would go to her house before I would go to almost any restaurant confident in the knowledge that what I will eat will be outstanding. She has no Michelin stars.

No electron left behind.

3 minutes ago, Rexp said:

I find I agree with the Michelin judges neally all the time. These judges are connoisseurs who have superior tasting skills to Joe Average. Its the same with audio, some have superior listening skills. 

I don't doubt your experience at all. If I can find that story again I will link it for you.

No electron left behind.