IGNORED

New Qobuz Pricing

I'm somewhat annoyed. On one hand it is nice to know that I'll eventually get Studio Sublime for the same price I'm currently paying for my legacy Sublime subscription (redbook streaming only), but I'm disappointed that as my subscription renewed only a couple of months ago, I'll have to wait nearly 10 months to get that benefit, in spite of being a Qobuz  subscriber (and very active download purchaser) for many years now. 

I've reached out to their customer service on the issue but haven't heard back yet. 

6 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Similar - I still have several months to go before my plan renews - would like to get the discount sooner 🤷‍♂️

The argument I tried to make in my email to them is that the new pricing is more advantageous to new customers vs. their loyal long term customer base. Let's see how they react. 

3 hours ago, 4est said:

Good attitude, and I do not think it is fair to get upset that one missed out on new pricing. If we push attitudes like that and expect them to pay back the new discounts, we are removing any incentive for them to lower their prices. I have been extremely happy with Qobuz as a whole and see their lowering of prices as a potentially good thing for all of us who use it.

I actually don’t expect any payback, I’m just asking nicely whether they could provide a service (24/192 streaming) that is not going to create a lot of extra cost to them beyond some incremental bandwidth that I’ll be getting anyhow for the same price as of next year and that I’ve paid in full, same price, only some weeks ago.