IGNORED

New Qobuz Pricing

I got a notice for new lower pricing on my sublime subscription, in effect at the end of the current subscription. Other plans also changed. 

Individual Plans

SAVE 17%

Studio Premier

ANNUAL
$1083/Month*

*total of $129.99 billed annually

• Studio quality streaming (FLAC 24-Bit up to 192 kHz)

• Original editorial content

CHANGE PLAN

Studio Premier

MONTHLY
$1299/Month

No strings attached

CHANGE PLAN

Studio Sublime

ANNUAL
$1500/Month*

*total of $179.99 billed annually

• Exclusive Studio Sublime discount on Hi-Res purchases

MY CURRENT OFFER

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I also got a similar offer/notification, SWEET as I am getting more fond of Qobuz by the month!

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

I think the situation with Qobuz is comparable with that of other services, where I have a Netflix subscription I am unable to view the same content as someone in the US who would be able to view the content I cannot see whilst on vacation in my region...likely something about rights, which are often divided up over regions...or pricing (check the cost for subscribing in various countries)

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530, another Fritz!box 5530 for audio only in bridged mode on LPS, cat8.1, Zyxel switch on LPS, Finisar <1475BTL>Solarflare X2522-25G, external wifi AP, AMD 9 16 core, passive cooling ,Aorus Master x570, LPSU with Taiko ATX, 8Gb Apacer RAM, femto SSD on LPS, Pink Faun I2S ultra OCXO on akiko LPS, home grown RJ45 I2S cable, Metrum Adagio DAC3, RCA 70-A and Miyaima Zero for mono, G2 PL519 tube amps. 

I'm somewhat annoyed. On one hand it is nice to know that I'll eventually get Studio Sublime for the same price I'm currently paying for my legacy Sublime subscription (redbook streaming only), but I'm disappointed that as my subscription renewed only a couple of months ago, I'll have to wait nearly 10 months to get that benefit, in spite of being a Qobuz  subscriber (and very active download purchaser) for many years now. 

I've reached out to their customer service on the issue but haven't heard back yet. 

22 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

I'm somewhat annoyed. On one hand it is nice to know that I'll eventually get Studio Sublime for the same price I'm currently paying for my legacy Sublime subscription (redbook streaming only), but I'm disappointed that as my subscription renewed only a couple of months ago, I'll have to wait nearly 10 months to get that benefit, in spite of being a Qobuz  subscriber (and very active download purchaser) for many years now. 

I've reached out to their customer service on the issue but haven't heard back yet. 

Similar - I still have several months to go before my plan renews - would like to get the discount sooner 🤷‍♂️

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

6 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Similar - I still have several months to go before my plan renews - would like to get the discount sooner 🤷‍♂️

The argument I tried to make in my email to them is that the new pricing is more advantageous to new customers vs. their loyal long term customer base. Let's see how they react. 

46 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

The argument I tried to make in my email to them is that the new pricing is more advantageous to new customers vs. their loyal long term customer base. Let's see how they react. 

I renewed my yearly subscription at 28 Aug. on previous pricing. But, one never know where one will lose and where one will find. What is is.

5 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I renewed my yearly subscription at 28 Aug. on previous pricing. But, one never know where one will lose and where one will find. What is is.

Good attitude, and I do not think it is fair to get upset that one missed out on new pricing. If we push attitudes like that and expect them to pay back the new discounts, we are removing any incentive for them to lower their prices. I have been extremely happy with Qobuz as a whole and see their lowering of prices as a potentially good thing for all of us who use it.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

It's no different than buying a piece of electronics that is soon afterward replaced by a newer model. You generally don't a do over. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, 4est said:

Good attitude, and I do not think it is fair to get upset that one missed out on new pricing. If we push attitudes like that and expect them to pay back the new discounts, we are removing any incentive for them to lower their prices. I have been extremely happy with Qobuz as a whole and see their lowering of prices as a potentially good thing for all of us who use it.

I actually don’t expect any payback, I’m just asking nicely whether they could provide a service (24/192 streaming) that is not going to create a lot of extra cost to them beyond some incremental bandwidth that I’ll be getting anyhow for the same price as of next year and that I’ve paid in full, same price, only some weeks ago.