IGNORED

HQPWV (HQPlayer Web Viewer)

llamaluv

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, llamaluv said:

HQPlayer provides a "hash" property for each track, which is what I'm using to keep track of things like favorite tracks and track play counts. A hash is supposed to provide something of a guarantee of the uniqueness of an item among many other items, more or less. But it looks like here, the track's hash property is functionally equivalent to the filename itself (as opposed to factoring in the file's actual contents), thus causing a "naming collision" between different tracks that happen to share the same filename.

Making a fix for this will cause previously favorites and play counts to be lost, unfortunately.

Path hash + filename hash is unique as long as there's not another file with same path and filename. These hashes are used as two level tree where first level index is path hash and second level index is filename hash.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Khordo said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but HQPW reads the Library of HQ.Player. If i look at the library in HQP, Metadata 'Year' is not present.
I did use the extract function in HQP and the XML created does not contain other extra information : Year is missing.

So, i think the 'sort by Years' can't be possible until the HQP Library is updated by Miska.

"date" usually includes at least a year...

To be not dependant of HPQ Library datas, would it be nicer for you to manage your own library like 'Mu.so' ?
Ok sure that it is a huge work, but it probably can give you more flexibility on your tool...

That means it would need to run on the same server where HQPlayer server is...

On 9/19/2021 at 10:09 PM, llamaluv said:

I just sourced a half-dozen DSD albums of errm "miscellaneous provenance" (for science), and all did have year info in the ID3 tags in their DSF files, but only one of the six had that info being shown in the HQPlayer Desktop interface when a track is played and is also not being passed through the HQPlayer API using the "date" property. @Miska am I missing something, or is this a known thing? (or neither?)

Which ID3 date tag did it have, and which ID3 version?

HQPlayer uses the 2.4/2.3 tags in following priority order: TDRC -> TDOR -> TDRL

And 2.2 tags in following priorioty order: TIM -> TDA -> TYE

44 minutes ago, llamaluv said:

Of the 6 albums I tried, the one where HQPlayer did populate its date field based on the track's metadata were DFF files, ID3v2.4.

With the other 5 albums, HQPlayer did not populate its tracks' date fields. They were all DSF files using ID3v2.3. MP3Tag showed the tracks of all 5 albums having the "YEAR" metadata property populated.

Edit: When I try to edit the tag of a DSF ID3v2.3 file, I notice that "MP3Tag" doesn't show those 4-letter mneumonic codes. Not sure the significance of that, but here's a screenshot:

ID3 v2.2 has 3-character tags while ID3 v2.3 and v2.4 have 4-character tags. The actual tag ID is the important thing. Another is whether the actual stored data complies with the tag specification. But date and genre tags tend to be PITA, because they are more or less random collection.

On Linux you can use "hexdump -C" on a file to have a good view. On DSF, ID3 tags are placed at the end of the file. Likely you can find hexadecimal raw file viewers for other OS too.

7 hours ago, llamaluv said:

In all 5 cases , the text for year comes after "TYER". Is that helpful?

522466244_ScreenShot2021-09-21at10_56_38PM.png.fa019e7b7b17e50af52c86c5b9befa8b.png

Yes it is, that one is not used by HQPlayer, see my earlier message:

21 hours ago, Miska said:

HQPlayer uses the 2.4/2.3 tags in following priority order: TDRC -> TDOR -> TDRL

TYER is not included in the ID3v2.4 spec, it is only in ID3v2.3. I can look into adding support for TYER/TORY.

7 hours ago, sledwards said:

So if I understand correctly, this is out of your control and Miska would have to open up metadata like 'compilation' and 'albumartist' before you could do anything to flag various artist albums?

There is already support for "albumartist". In such case, library data includes the "albumartist" as artist for the album and then the "artist" becomes artist for each track separately. If tracks have the same artist, it is stored only for the album entry.

As usual, if in doubt, check how HQPlayer Client presents the data.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

It would be great if the /library page was replaced with HQPWV so it is built right into HQPlayer.  I will keep my fingers crossed.

That is not technically feasible.

4 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I now have HQPWV running on one of my Macs.  I love it!  It would be more convenient though if it could run directly on my Antipodes server as something that's just integrated into HQPlayer embedded.  Thank you though for brining us this wonderful application.  

You could certainly ask Antipodes to integrate it into their OS. Shouldn't be even too hard to do.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, sledwards said:

@llamaluv A while back you fulfilled a request to add the artist name to albums with multiple artists. However, currently there is no way to search and obtain a list of all my albums which contain multiple artists.  Even if you know the artists name on a compilation, searching the name will not return the album unless by chance it is the first track on the album. Wondering if you are still upgrading the code? I do set the compilation flag to indicate that the track is on a compilation, but I do not think Miska passes this on. Maybe you could look at the album, and if it has more than one artist, group it under Various Artists but still retain the actual artists on the album for searching. 

HQPlayer library represents content as collection of albums consisting collection of tracks. And there's "album artist", "artist", "composer" and "performer". Each track can have different artist, composer, performer, etc. So you always know which tracks belong to which "album" or "collection".

3 minutes ago, sledwards said:

Yes, "album artist" tag could be used to indicate its a compilation.  I have seen this used before in other music player software.

Have you tried setting one for your compilations, if not already there? You just need to rescan the content then to amend metadata in library.. Or if you are adventurous, you can just edit the library.xml manually...