IGNORED

HQPWV (HQPlayer Web Viewer)

llamaluv

4 hours ago, SalD said:

Hi @llamaluv ... this sounds great to me! I was just looking something similar just to have easy control of settings from my iPhone/iPad....

Do you think is it possible to implement the selection of output devices available into the same local network?

Thanks

Oh, good question.

Unfortunately, everything found in the top half of the the HQPlayer settings dialog can only be configured through HQPlayer itself.

That makes me think that I should find some way to communicate that in the HQPWV settings screen...

hqplayer, pggb > src-dx > opto-dx > dave > pass labs x150.8, bakoon amp-13r, cayin ha-300 > abyss phi tc, susvara, utopia, auteur

7 hours ago, llamaluv said:

Unfortunately, everything found in the top half of the the HQPlayer settings dialog can only be configured through HQPlayer itself.

That is a pity. It limits considerably your "Plays nice with multiple instances of HQPlayer on the same network".

...unless @Miskafinds a way to allow external control of that part of HQPlayer too (fingers crossed).

10 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

Plays nice with multiple instances of HQPlayer on the same network

By that I meant that the program will function properly even when there's more than on instance of HQPlayer on the network. When there's more than one, you're prompted to choose which HQPlayer instance the server app should pair with.

HQPlayer doesn't allow for input device settings to be changed through its API (ie, by outside programs).

hqplayer, pggb > src-dx > opto-dx > dave > pass labs x150.8, bakoon amp-13r, cayin ha-300 > abyss phi tc, susvara, utopia, auteur

Thanks to everybody for your attention and your feedbacks to my question.

Actually I have 3 options for my devices selection and two NAAs. The first NAA is an ALLO combo with two connections to a Gustard dac in the living room. The second NAA is a raspberry PI4 linked to a Sony ampli-dac into the bed room. So, I can choose 3 options from HQP configuration panel: gustard coax, gustard usb, sony usb.

The HQP software runs on a MacMini M1 located in the living room with a 65'' TV as monitor (keyboard and mouse to be connected from time to time when needed). Clearly, it is not a "pc workstation" in a classical configuration for a consistent pc usage. By the way, I can take control of the MacMini through a MacBook Pro, but again it is not so comfortable to manage from the bed/bedroom (with HQP "server" running in such "background" mode).

For the many who have this kind of multi room and multi device configuration, HQPWV could be a very significant improvement in term of user experience in order to have a 360° digital audio solution. It could be something more similar to Roon Core and Roon remote interaction.

If feasible, an eventual "infusion" of HQP Remote Control with HQPWV could significantly improve HPQ for many applications with a variety of devices (inputs, outputs and controls, as well). Don't you think? 

Bug report:   (Lee, do you want future bug reports here or on GitHub?)

In MacOS, when saving a playlist in which one track has a filename that includes an ampersand, your program converts the ampersand to "&".  Consequently, when you subsequently attempt to load that playlist, that track is skipped because the filename is incorrect.

Correct file path:

/Volumes/Portable/iTunes Portable/iTunes Media/Bach - Cello Suites - Rostropovich/1-13 6. Bouree 1 & 2.flac

Erroneous path saved in playlist:

file:///Volumes/Portable/iTunes Portable/iTunes Media/Bach - Cello Suites - Rostropovich/1-13 6. Bouree 1 & 2.flac

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

7 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

Bug report:   (Lee, do you want future bug reports here or on GitHub?)

In MacOS, when saving a playlist in which one track has a filename that includes an ampersand, your program converts the ampersand to "&".  Consequently, when you subsequently attempt to load that playlist, that track is skipped because the filename is incorrect.

Correct file path:

/Volumes/Portable/iTunes Portable/iTunes Media/Bach - Cello Suites - Rostropovich/1-13 6. Bouree 1 & 2.flac

Erroneous path saved in playlist:

file:///Volumes/Portable/iTunes Portable/iTunes Media/Bach - Cello Suites - Rostropovich/1-13 6. Bouree 1 & 2.flac

Great, this is just the kind of subtle stuff I was hoping would be uncovered :) Here or Github is good.

Since I use HQPE on Linux, and have zero possibility of moving to either Windows or MacOS ... and particularly since this is a server based program, any consideration to a Linux version?

Since this is javascript would it run on Linux?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

4 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Since I use HQPE on Linux, and have zero possibility of moving to either Windows or MacOS ... and particularly since this is a server based program, any consideration to a Linux version?

This can be run on a desktop or laptop and still control HQPe running on Linux. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

11 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Hi, good question.

It definitely ought to be possible to run on Linux -- if you're comfortable installing Node.js and running the server from the source code found on github. If this is of interest and you need some guidance, feel free to post here or PM me.

I need to do more investigation on making an executable version that will run on Linux (though I'm not even sure which flavors this will be do-able for, as of yet). I gave it a try earlier but had no luck, but will now put this higher on my to-do list, thanks.