IGNORED

New Schiit Yggdrasil Options for 2021

Fascinating, and frustrating. After years of reading how Yggy's AES is the best input and its balanced outs better the single-ended, I finally got my streaming and amp-ing to connect up this way with minimal sonic trade-off (read: Schiit Lokius). And, dammit, the reports are 100% true (to my ears). There is magic in them thar Schiity combo-burritos (reference to the name of their DAC filter tech), but only if you use the right ingredients (AES in, balanced out, and a Shunyata Venom NR power cable and PS Audio power regenerator as well).

Now I have more Yggy choices? Aaargh! But I will not just go and buy a Denafrips instead (my listening to a Pontus suggests an active output is more desirable for me, in my system, but I do wonder what a Venus would sound like).

I was curious what Schiit would do for Yggy v.3. What could they step "up" with? OTOH, it's not clear if the sonic difference of the lower cost models are intended to compete with OG/A2. Well, back to listening and waiting for Spotify hi-fi.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.