IGNORED

New Schiit Yggdrasil Options for 2021

Sounds like clever customer oriented marketing to me.

My only caveat is that Schiit seems to market multiple versions of something and then quickly pull versions that don't sell well. 

That kills the resale value.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m heading to California Monday, for the blind test on Tuesday at Schiit. I hope to have much to report. 

So you're flying halfway across the country to listen to two products that are slightly modified, presumably less good, versions of what you already own?  Just to listen and learn?

That's hardcore.  I love it.

ENJOY!

14 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m heading to California Monday, for the blind test on Tuesday at Schiit. I hope to have much to report. 

Slightly OT Chris, but it would be good if you were also able to report back on the intended release date for the Schiit CD transport, if that is still planned. 

Fascinating, and frustrating. After years of reading how Yggy's AES is the best input and its balanced outs better the single-ended, I finally got my streaming and amp-ing to connect up this way with minimal sonic trade-off (read: Schiit Lokius). And, dammit, the reports are 100% true (to my ears). There is magic in them thar Schiity combo-burritos (reference to the name of their DAC filter tech), but only if you use the right ingredients (AES in, balanced out, and a Shunyata Venom NR power cable and PS Audio power regenerator as well).

Now I have more Yggy choices? Aaargh! But I will not just go and buy a Denafrips instead (my listening to a Pontus suggests an active output is more desirable for me, in my system, but I do wonder what a Venus would sound like).

I was curious what Schiit would do for Yggy v.3. What could they step "up" with? OTOH, it's not clear if the sonic difference of the lower cost models are intended to compete with OG/A2. Well, back to listening and waiting for Spotify hi-fi.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

12 hours ago, feelingears said:

Fascinating, and frustrating. After years of reading how Yggy's AES is the best input and its balanced outs better the single-ended, I finally got my streaming and amp-ing to connect up this way with minimal sonic trade-off (read: Schiit Lokius). And, dammit, the reports are 100% true (to my ears). There is magic in them thar Schiity combo-burritos (reference to the name of their DAC filter tech), but only if you use the right ingredients (AES in, balanced out, and a Shunyata Venom NR power cable and PS Audio power regenerator as well).

Now I have more Yggy choices? Aaargh! But I will not just go and buy a Denafrips instead (my listening to a Pontus suggests an active output is more desirable for me, in my system, but I do wonder what a Venus would sound like).

I was curious what Schiit would do for Yggy v.3. What could they step "up" with? OTOH, it's not clear if the sonic difference of the lower cost models are intended to compete with OG/A2. Well, back to listening and waiting for Spotify hi-fi.

I am just curious, did you compare Yggy AES vs. Yggy Unison USB?

BTW, waiting for Spotify Hifi as well.

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 8/30/2021 at 11:00 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Headed to lunch with Schiit this afternoon. Will hopefully get some details for everyone. 

Listening tomorrow. 

What did you have? 

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)