IGNORED

Digital streaming optimisation with EtherRegen - ENO filter Vs Master clock Vs sonore optical module

Some other points I would like to clarify:

1) I am using the Fiber/EtherRegen/SOtM SNH-10G/ENO in cascade, one after the other, in that order.

2) In my system, EtherRegen -> SOtM sound better than the other way around.  More full bodied.

3) ETherRegen + Eno = Not so good.  But put the SOtM switch in the middle and everything improves.  Now the ENO at the end of the chain has a smaller effect, but still positive enough for me to want to keep it. There is a better synergy (in my system) between the SOtM and the ENO.

4) Others prefer the sound of one or two SOtM in cascade.

5) Others have reported that a different order of devices gave them better results, which leads me to believe each individual should test their own system and decide.

6) Monomode fiber sounds better than multimode.  There is a theory about the reflections inside the fiber that explains this.

________________________________________________________________________________

Finisar Mono mode Fiber > (Finisar SFPs + iFi Elite) > SOtM SNh 10g (+AD Clock + LPSU) > Melco S10 > Melco N10 > Verity Audio Monsalvat Pre 2 > MBL N15 Monoblocks > MBL 116 speakers

T

3 hours ago, plissken said:

I'll trust your ears as much as you trust yours when you do this blind.

That's fair, you should not trust my ears, trust yours, provided that your system is resolving enough to reproduce these nuances.  I base my choices on what I hear, not on what somebody else measures.  Same with cables. 

This is why I mostly buy used cables.  I have a dealer who is kind enough to allow me to take home several used cables and test them in my system.  Some make no difference, some do sound different (good or bad).  I've tested expensive cables that made no difference, cheap cables that were a pleasant surprise and expensive cables that made a significant positive difference.

________________________________________________________________________________

Finisar Mono mode Fiber > (Finisar SFPs + iFi Elite) > SOtM SNh 10g (+AD Clock + LPSU) > Melco S10 > Melco N10 > Verity Audio Monsalvat Pre 2 > MBL N15 Monoblocks > MBL 116 speakers

3 hours ago, davide256 said:

Without the server/endpoint system used

Mini Fanless PC with I9, 32 GB RAM, 4GB SDD (Running Windows Server & Roon Core);   NAS 4TB -> Router

->Fiber/Finisair -> EtherRegen (+LPSU+ AfterDard clock) -> SOtM SNh-10g (Fully upgraded + SPS1000 PS) -> ENO Filter ->  EMM Labs NS1 (Streamer) -> EBU cable (-> Meitner MA3 DAC -> ARC Ref 5SE -> ARC 160M monoblocks -> MBL 116F.   Alternatively I use an Innuos Zenith MK3, but I prefer the sound of the NS1.  Ethernet Cables from Nordost, Telegartner, ENO, Supra.  AES/EBU and XLR cables Odin Nordost.  Speaker Cables MIT EVO.  Power Cables:  Furutech, Synergistic Research, Siltech, etc.

48 minutes ago, RikkiPoo said:

Adding an ENO Ag was the biggest bang for the buck.

Clocking the EtherRegen and SOtM switches gave the biggest benefit, hands down.

Jury is still out on the Finisar/Finisar between the ER and SOtM.  Someone needs to come out with a real audiophile SFP.

I got better result using the Finisars between the router and the SOtM switch (about 40m of fiber) then Sotm to EtherRegen with a good ethernet cable.

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2021 at 4:26 AM, Rasputin said:

Hi Billy, surprised to see you use NS1 into MA3, … I have both and tried that when ma3 was new.. yes it sounded better. When ma3  had  broken in, the difference was basically the sound signature of the aes cables, but with your system you just need da2 or dv2;)))) I have it and.. no surprise it is just so much better….:)

You are right, once the MA3 had enough hours the advantage of the NS1 decreased.  Was not able to get da2/dv2 in Brazil so I upgraded to a Verity Monsalvat Pre-2 and gave my pre, dac and streamer as part of the trade in.  Now streaming from an Innuous Zenith Mk3.