IGNORED

Problems with Allo Digione Signature connected to a MiniDSP DDRC 22D

Hello I have a problem with my newly bought and installed Allo Digione Signature this is fitted to a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB and all in the Allo Plastic case. The Pi is using Moode Audio Distro and getting its signal via ethernet cable from my stand alone Logitech Media Server.

Now I use the set up with the following power supplies a Baldwin Audio Dual 5v 3 Amp LPSU which feeds the Raspberry Pi 4 (Dirty Side ) and the MiniDSP DDRC 2 DSP . The Allo Board (Clean Side) is then fed by an Allo Shanti LPSU using the 5v 1 Amp clean side .

When this is turned off and then rebooted the next morning the Allo Signature will power up (I leave the Clean side powered on 24/7) and after setting up will appear on the LMS player list and i can select it and start play . It then starts to play and progress bar at the bottom shows it playing the song but no sound is coming out .

If I wait then the it starts with some low level clicks and pops and then as per the attached recording the sound goes through badly distorted to less distortion until after about two minutes the sounds cleans up and will play correctly .

I have no idea what is causing this but using another Pi with a USB out to a USB / SPDIF converter does not suffer in the same way and a Pi 3 with Digione board also works fine . Any sugestions as what is going on and how this can be fixed ?

Voice0002.mp3

51 minutes ago, bencat said:

Hello I have a problem with my newly bought and installed Allo Digione Signature this is fitted to a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB and all in the Allo Plastic case. The Pi is using Moode Audio Distro and getting its signal via ethernet cable from my stand alone Logitech Media Server.

Now I use the set up with the following power supplies a Baldwin Audio Dual 5v 3 Amp LPSU which feeds the Raspberry Pi 4 (Dirty Side ) and the MiniDSP DDRC 2 DSP . The Allo Board (Clean Side) is then fed by an Allo Shanti LPSU using the 5v 1 Amp clean side .

When this is turned off and then rebooted the next morning the Allo Signature will power up (I leave the Clean side powered on 24/7) and after setting up will appear on the LMS player list and i can select it and start play . It then starts to play and progress bar at the bottom shows it playing the song but no sound is coming out .

If I wait then the it starts with some low level clicks and pops and then as per the attached recording the sound goes through badly distorted to less distortion until after about two minutes the sounds cleans up and will play correctly .

I have no idea what is causing this but using another Pi with a USB out to a USB / SPDIF converter does not suffer in the same way and a Pi 3 with Digione board also works fine . Any sugestions as what is going on and how this can be fixed ?

Voice0002.mp3 4.64 MB · 1 download

In each restarts also  you are facing this type of issue? We will analyze the issue.

Good Morning

I have responded to your PM and I can confirm that this is happening each time I am restarting . Is there any correct way to turn off the Allo Signature before cutting the power so as to ensure that it closes properly as this might help with this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to confirm for anyone who has read this I have had a replacement board delivered to me by Allo and i have sent the original board back to them . This has resolved all the previous issues and the player with Allo board is now working exactly as it should .