IGNORED

Article: Using HQPlayer With Aurender and Other Music Servers

On 8/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Anything is possible, but which protocol are you going to use to send and receive audio? Ravenna?

I guess any AES67 protocol. They should all be able to work together. But maybe Revanna is the only one capable of DSD255 ?

I notice there is OEM PCB’s available. 
And here is an interesting product as well, but I suppose you still need a master word clock. Or maybe not
Maybe something to test, as it’s relatively cheap. 

My understanding is that just to be able to enter the Revanna product line, you need to spend al least 2K.

With AES67 I guess, you could connect to i2s directly into a DAC. 

I still don't know of a solution that can accept USB audio from a music server and send that on to a PC for DSP or convert it into Ravenna. 

Present option is only AES/EBU to achieve this ? (Using Anubis). Hm, does that mean you could connect a CD transport? 

This USB would be a very good universal solution, correct ? Then USB out from any server/streamer is ready to be used as described in this article ?

But why wouldn’t then Ethernet out even be a better option ?

Isn't this exactly what the Anubis SPS is doing ?

Maybe you need to add PYRAMIX or Ovation in addition ?

Just trying to understand how Revanna can be an option to be used more widely.

Merging Audio Device - Third Party ASIO supported programs.

So, here HQplayer, Qobuz and JRiver is listed. 

So going back, the mission is to have players / computers to be able to do DSP, as as well be able to be played trough HQplayer. (Leaving Roon out). This can only be achieved by using Revanna as glue. Have I got something right now ? 

There is a possible further advantage here, as you probably could have your TV stream integrated in DSP and HQplayer. (And I would assume Revanna into appleTV will never happen, and I’m not sure that would trigger a possible DSP either). 

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

So going back, the mission is to have players / computers to be able to do DSP, as as well be able to be played trough HQplayer. (Leaving Roon out). This can only be achieved by using Revanna as glue.

No, there are many options to incorporate HQP including using HQP as a stand alone player on your computer as well as other programs that can embed it. . This was a way to use his Aurender server AND use HQP which required Ravenna and his other computer.

It looks to me like this is a very niche solution to use HQP as it requires a server that can interface with Ravenna, a limited subset of all servers

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

1 hour ago, bbosler said:

No, there are many options to incorporate HQP

Can I have Audirvāna (with Qobuz/Tidal)+ HQplayer + DSP (Room correction) without Revanna ?

• Then exchange Audirvāna with JRiver or 
  • Foobar/Plex/VLC/Kodi/Amarra/Jplay
  • Lumin
  • Auralic
  • Innous
  • Spotify (hopefully red book quality soon)
  • Apple Music 

Would be interesting to understand what’s possible or not when DSP and HQplayer is a requirement in the digital chain. When to consider Revanna or not. 

Wow Chris amazing!!

I use a very simple setup compared to your system.

Theres just one PC and an Anubis:

Audirvana and AcourateConvolver uses ASIO so:

Qobuz and local files>Audirvana with upsamling>Acourate Convolver4channels up to 192>Merging Anubis>amp/main speakers and subs

What I think could be even more cool would be to have the convolverfilters direct in Audirvana  or another playerprogram and then upsample right before sending the data to the Anubis.

One question: once you use DSP, you alter the sound to your  taste, does it then still make sence to buy a very expensive dac.....what I mean is that I would probably not have bought a pro dac for being used without DSP.

Chris you never wrote a review of the Anubis, that would be nice to have your take on this quite special dac with so many possiblities, does it compare to the elite etc.

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Jørgen Skadhauge said:

Wow Chris amazing!!

I use a very simple setup compared to your system.

Theres just one PC and an Anubis:

Audirvana and AcourateConvolver uses ASIO so:

Qobuz and local files>Audirvana with upsamling>Acourate Convolver4channels up to 192>Merging Anubis>amp/main speakers and subs

What I think could be even more cool would be to have the convolverfilters direct in Audirvana  or another playerprogram and then upsample right before sending the data to the Anubis.

One question: once you use DSP, you alter the sound to your  taste, does it then still make sence to buy a very expensive dac.....what I mean is that I would probably not have bought a pro dac for being used without DSP.

Chris you never wrote a review of the Anubis, that would be nice to have your take on this quite special dac with so many possiblities, does it compare to the elite etc.

Thanks

Hi Jørgen, thanks for reading and enjoying the article. Yes, this one is quite complex and it isn't for everyone, that's for sure. 

I my view the DAC is always important. The conversation from digital to analog can be done many different ways, and they all matter. 

I really should write a review of the Anubis. It's an incredible tool with unlimited potential. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 year later...