IGNORED

Article: Patricia Barber Clique Review, Plus Video Interview

Super--thanks!

Oddly, the price of the CD on Amazon is $28.  I'm not really price sensitive--if it was rare I would drop $28 in a second.  But I don't think I've ever seen a new CD at that price--I was expecting $10-12.  

Just makes me wonder...?

3 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Impex has the CD price as $19.99 which is the price that Amazon has for the CD version of Higher.

Thanks!  Bought it from Impex, and tossed in Misty from the Yamamoto trio.

I don't stream often, and about 90% of the music I've bought over the past ten years has been from Amazon, I had not realized that virtually everyone else is gone.

Great stuff! It is a beautiful album. I particularly love Stevie Wonder's "All In Love Is Fair" rendition, I have always loved this song and this version is fantastic. Thank you.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Great stuff! It is a beautiful album. I particularly love Stevie Wonder's "All In Love Is Fair" rendition, I have always loved this song and this version is fantastic. Thank you.

Wondering where the DXD (or some lower rate PCM) version can be purchased from.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

3 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

As I noted above, the DXD and DSD downloads are NativeDSD exclusives.

Yes just realized. Thx. When I looked on NativeDSD I didn't see the DXD. BTW, I am a DSD fan but given the album was produced in DXD, I want to get that version.

system pics

Nice to see the level of quality placed in the recording of music...   not a jazz person but I think I'll take a look.

Cheers

Mac Mini 2007: 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo, 3 Gig RAM, 500 Gig 5400 RPM HD[br]OSX 10.6.6, TimeMachine Off, Airport Off, Dedicated to Music[br]HAGUSB USB-->S/PDIF[br]Players: Audirvana, ITunes[br]Music Library: RedBook 16/44 WAV[br]Bryston BP26DA Preamp/DAC[br]Bryston 3BSST Amp[br]B&W 804s Loudspeakers[br]

Wonderful article, thank you Joe. We focus a lot on the gear and audiophile qualities, but it's when that is combined with highest caliber of music and musicianship that the magic happens! Trying to decide between the DSD128 ( I generally prefer DSD with HQPlayer) versus DXD downloads, priced the same. Would you anticipate comparable sound quality?

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

I purchased the DXD from NativeDSD. The sound difference from TIDAL's MQA version is not subtle at all, the DXD version is far superior. And what the artist intended since it was recorded and mastered in DXD!!! 😎

system pics

1 hour ago, JoeWhip said:

Why am I not surprised?

Assume you mean MQA vs DXD... By comparision, the MQA version is louder and more distorted. Shocking difference. The DXD version is amazing.

system pics

Wondering if there are liner notes in pdf form. The DXD download did not include anything. 

I love liner notes. Whenever I rip a disc I scan the liner notes and put them with the files - and can see them in Roon or Audirvana.

system pics

I purchased DXD in 32 bit (float) format from NativeDSD. Useful if anyone plans to process it any further, I prefer the 32bit version over 24bit for my use case.

Author of PGGB & RASA, remastero

Update: PGGB-256 is completely revamped, improved, and now uses much less memory

New: PGGB-IT! is a new interface for PGGB 256, supports multi-channel, smaller footprint, more lossless compression options

Free: foo_pggb_rt is a free real-time upsampling plugin for foobar2000 64bit; RASA is a free tool to do FFT analysis of audio tracks

System: TT7 PGI 240v > Paretoaudio Server [SR7T] > Adnaco Fiber [SR5T] >VR L2iSE [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Infinity PC]> QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation RCA> Omega CAMs, JL Sub, Vox Z-Bass/ [QSA Silver fuse, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation PC] KGSSHV Carbon CC, Audeze CRBN