IGNORED

Roon & HQPlayer Issue

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is so annoying. I have Roon server and HQP running on CAPS Twenty. This has worked for about a year. Now, Roon stops playing after a few tracks and the music can't be restarted without fiddling. 

I've heard many times that running Roon and HQP on the same machine can be a no-no, but it was working so good until now. :~(

HQP works great by itself. I left it running over night, and heard perfect music when I sat down at my desk this morning. 

Anyone have this same issue or know of a fix? I'd try the Roon forum, but waiting a month for the first response doesn't sound thrilling. 

If you can, you may want to separate the two to different machines. It could be related to the size of your library and the amount of background work going on. That said, I used to have problems from time to time when I had Roon and HQP running on the same Win 10/64 machine. I now have Roon and HQP on my M1 Mini and have not had any issues since, however, I do not have a local library anymore (just Tidal/Qobuz streaming). You could try Roon on CAPS machine and HQP on your M1 as a test. Jussi has said that he does not run Roon and HQP on the same machine likely for the same reason. 

Just now, davide256 said:

some sluggishness at start of track/delay for next track but no stops.  I prefer on same machine, when run separately delay was worse

Another thing you could try is directing traffic with Process Lasso. You can prevent core hogging and core conflicts and tweak a bunch of other stuff as well. I used it on very windows machine I have had over the years. It is what the maker of that $25K machine that a few here have uses. He has said that he could not get the results he does without it.