IGNORED

Allo Digione Signature problem when playing back Hi-res music (>= 96 khz)

cd

I bought an Allo Digione Signature from Pishop.us a month ago and it has problems playing back hi-res music. There are some pops and cracks, sometimes no sound at all when switching from a lower sample rate song to a higher (>= 96 khz) sample rate one.

I had an Allo Digione Signature last year with the same problem and was told by allo it's because the digione is incompatible with my dac back then (Teac UD-505). I sent the Digione back and got a USBridge as a replacement. However, I didn't like the sound of the USBridge so I sold it a few months ago. Since I got a new dac this year, I decided to give the Digione signature another chance. It sounds good but has the same problem.

My current setup is Allo Digione Signature + RPI 4 Model B (2G) running the lastest Ropieeexl (powered by Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 USB Type C Cable Power Supply and iFi ipower 5v) connected to Chord Qutest using Oyaide DB-510 (BNC-BNC). My UPNP server (Fedora 34) is running Minimserver 2.

I tried the followings to conclude that the problem is caused by the Digione Sig.

1). Different OS's for the rpi 4 (volumio, moode, ropieeexl) -> same problem

2). Different OS's and computers for my server (Windows 10, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mac) -> same problem

3). Different UPNP server softwares (Asset UPNP, minimserver, Foobar upnp) -> same problem

4). Playback music files locally using Moode player (to isolate network problems) -> same problem

5). Different coaxial cables (both rca and bnc from Wireworld and Oyaide) -> same problem

6). Tried on-board wifi, external wifi, ethernet (different cables) -> same problem

7). Different external hard drives -> same problem

8). Tried the usb output and headphone jack of the rpi 4 -> no problem

9). Downsampling all hi-res music to 48 khz using the minimserver 2 -> no problem

10). Tried my friend's bluesound node 2i in my setup replacing the allo digione sig -> no problem

Before I send a replacement or refund request, can anyone suggest other things which may cause the problem? Or what's your experience with Allo Digione Signaure?

Thanks!

BTW, it seems some people have the same problem with Allo products.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-digione-cracking-and-popping-noises/166775/

10 hours ago, cd said:

I bought an Allo Digione Signature from Pishop.us a month ago and it has problems playing back hi-res music. There are some pops and cracks, sometimes no sound at all when switching from a lower sample rate song to a higher (>= 96 khz) sample rate one.

I had an Allo Digione Signature last year with the same problem and was told by allo it's because the digione is incompatible with my dac back then (Teac UD-505). I sent the Digione back and got a USBridge as a replacement. However, I didn't like the sound of the USBridge so I sold it a few months ago. Since I got a new dac this year, I decided to give the Digione signature another chance. It sounds good but has the same problem.

My current setup is Allo Digione Signature + RPI 4 Model B (2G) running the lastest Ropieeexl (powered by Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 USB Type C Cable Power Supply and iFi ipower 5v) connected to Chord Qutest using Oyaide DB-510 (BNC-BNC). My UPNP server (Fedora 34) is running Minimserver 2.

I tried the followings to conclude that the problem is caused by the Digione Sig.

1). Different OS's for the rpi 4 (volumio, moode, ropieeexl) -> same problem

2). Different OS's and computers for my server (Windows 10, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mac) -> same problem

3). Different UPNP server softwares (Asset UPNP, minimserver, Foobar upnp) -> same problem

4). Playback music files locally using Moode player (to isolate network problems) -> same problem

5). Different coaxial cables (both rca and bnc from Wireworld and Oyaide) -> same problem

6). Tried on-board wifi, external wifi, ethernet (different cables) -> same problem

7). Different external hard drives -> same problem

8). Tried the usb output and headphone jack of the rpi 4 -> no problem

9). Downsampling all hi-res music to 48 khz using the minimserver 2 -> no problem

10). Tried my friend's bluesound node 2i in my setup replacing the allo digione sig -> no problem

Before I send a replacement or refund request, can anyone suggest other things which may cause the problem? Or what's your experience with Allo Digione Signaure?

Thanks!

BTW, it seems some people have the same problem with Allo products.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/allo-digione-cracking-and-popping-noises/166775/

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 years later...