IGNORED

Article: Denafrips Terminator II Review and Comparison

20 minutes ago, Blake said:

Nice job Chris, I enjoyed your review.  I had the original Terminator and then moved to the Terminator Plus.  I'd echo your comments regarding the sonic differences as I found the same differences/improvements. 

Did Alvin send you a Denafrips DDC?  If so, I think it would be beneficial to consumers to have you comment on sonic changes when using the clock out feature of the Terminator 2.   To me, I find very nice further improvement with the clock-out engaged and that is a big selling point of the Terminator 2 over the original.

Thanks Blake. Alvin offered a Denafrips DDC but I wasn't sure I could get to it in a reasonable amount of time, so I passed for now. I agree, it would be nice to give it a try.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BrownMagic said:

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2612:denafrips-terminator-plus-digital-to-analog-converter-measurements&catid=434&Itemid=577

You can see in the above measurements that NOS is not really NOS. This was also called out by GoldenSound in his review. 

I believe it depends on what sample rate is being sent to the DAC. If one sends 1,536 kHz, it’s NOS. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

35 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

Cause the 'NOS' mode still applies an oversampling filter, therefore it is not 'non-oversampling'. Simple as that really.

It might not do so when feeding it 768khz or 1.536mhz, but then you'd need to be doing oversampling with HQPlayer or another external OS tool anyway. Meaning you're still oversampling.

It cannot play standard PCM content at 44.1khz without oversampling.

Which begs the question, do people really listen to NOS mode with content that isn’t externally upsampled?