IGNORED

Researching SD Card Transports

Interesting indeed. I guess the yen sign is actualy Chinese currency? Approx. $ 150 in that case?

Can someone explain why the external 10 MHz reference clock option is not optimal? I happen to have one I do not use (Aune XC1) as it was replaced by an Afterdark Emperor Double Crown.

I cannot tell from the pictures whether the 10 MHz connection is 50 or 75 Ohm, anyone knows?

Thanks @seeteeyou for your research -- thorough as ever :-)

audio system

52 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Can someone explain why the external 10 MHz reference clock option is not optimal?

Given that 10MHz isn't related to either of the sample rate families (44.1kHz and 48kHz plus integer multiples), obtaining the relevant frequencies requires a phase locked loop (PLL) to be applied to the 10MHz input clock. A PLL of necessity calls for a VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) as an integral component that won't be as stable as a fixed frequency crystal. 

7 minutes ago, opus101 said:

Given that 10MHz isn't related to either of the sample rate families (44.1kHz and 48kHz plus integer multiples), obtaining the relevant frequencies requires a phase locked loop (PLL) to be applied to the 10MHz input clock. A PLL of necessity calls for a VCO (voltage controlled oscillator) as an integral component that won't be as stable as a fixed frequency crystal. 

Thanks!

Does that mean that every solution with an external reference 10 MHz clock is suboptimal, even with the Mutec Ref10, Cybershaft or Afterdark clocks that people are raving about? (In my setup the Afterdark had a considerable positive impact connected to a Mutec MC-3+ USB.)

audio system

I am assuming that the fixed frequency crystal oscillator isn't implemented poorly - then yes, based on my EE knowledge an external oscillator isn't going to decrease jitter compared to an XTAL sited close to the DAC chip. But then again, I might be missing something vital. In my understanding frequency references such as an external 10MHz oscillator are intended for ensuring long-term stability and accuracy rather than short-term. Long-term stability and accuracy aren't really significant issues for audio AFAIK.

做工还是百万风格,各人喜欢就行,不喜欢我也没话说。声音自然通透,安定感非常突出,背景漆黑,仿佛喧闹的世界一下子变安静了,让你把注意力都集中在歌曲本身,不像pchifi总想换歌,百万说能赶得上cd,大家意会就行,高端cd还是很难超越的,但是搭配好的话,跟一些几千块的cd比,并不输多少,数播的优点就是后期省了买碟的钱,也不用考虑机器的光头老化,机械部件的磨损,碟片刮花的风险,当然也有仪式感强,乐感上限高的优点,yysy,我还是满意用ndp1搭配我的满血版da1套装,一边听歌一边点了“确认收货”

Nf09OD2l.jpg

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i3/0/O1CN01F2jWfI1NpXwgZU7sk_!!0-rate.jpg

iqRicYRl.jpg

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i1/0/O1CN01n7ZBy41NpXwYTLO9u_!!0-rate.jpg

25GBo9gl.jpg

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/0/O1CN01j6b3071NpXwfrAut3_!!0-rate.jpg

vCD8HeRl.jpg

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i4/0/O1CN01Stqnwq1NpXwbTglUs_!!0-rate.jpg

3 hours ago, shendrik said:

The highest emphasis was placed on sound quality.

Just a suggestion - since you have 3 toroidals in your PSU that's a lot of capacitance to mains from the secondary side. Consider fitting a common-mode choke to raise the impedance to mains-borne noise.

12 minutes ago, shendrik said:

I can give it to you for testing if you can guarantee that you will return it to me.

The price for the new one will be around 1200 euros.

Tempting.

My SDTrans384 is currently with @gstew for repair (I hope). Have you heard that? How does it compare?

I am now enjoying a Pi2AES (with AES/EBU, spdif coax, BNC, optical and I2S out). For serious listening I use it to play local files and deactivate the network with a remote while playing, so it basically works as a standalone player with only minimal jitter.

I assume you are in Russia? Interest there in these types of players is more widespread I believe...

audio system

1 hour ago, opus101 said:

Просто предложение - поскольку у вас есть 3 тороидальных элемента в вашем блоке питания, это большая емкость для сети со стороны вторичной обмотки. Рассмотрите возможность установки синфазного дросселя, чтобы поднять сопротивление до уровня сетевых шумов.

Thanks for your hint, I will definitely check it out tonight.