IGNORED

Would Appreciate Any Insight, And Experience You Might Have Regarding Home Security Systems That You Use To Protect Your Audio Gear And Home

Simplisafe is terrific.  It may be that avta's son is correct that there are others with higher quality hardware, but I would not be so sure that translates into more security.

But the real issue to understand, before opining on what's right for you, is--what's "the situation"?  If it's just that there have been break ins nearby, I'd be OK with Simplisafe.  But if there is a personal aspect to this, I would go for something much more involved, with multiple tiers of alert/defense.  

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Before using a gun, make sure you know the laws in your state. Here in MN, even in our homes, we have a duty to retreat and only if that's impossible are we allowed to shoot... for example. A stereo can be replaced, a person can not and no life is worth material things. Also, the use of force is not allowed to protect property, only life in a lot of states as well.

Also, just think about how much it's going to suck if you shoot a person, even the "right" person.  Best case--you're in the police station a few hours, the news a few days, the lawyers $50-100K....Worst case--you've killed a disadvantaged kid who happens to be photogenic....You'd be so much better off if he had just taken your stereo.

BTW, an audiophile system would be about the stupidest thing in the world to steal.  It's damn heavy, it's going to be hard to unload discreetly, and pretty much nobody wants one.

3 hours ago, TubeLover said:

The reason he did not recommend SimpliSafe, while it's clearly otherwise a good system, is that it contacts you directly, not the police, and you are left to do that. He felt hat delay could be costly.

I've had ADT 3X, and currently have SimpliSafe.  I am almost certain SimpliSafe calls the police in the same way that ADT does.  Check their website to confirm for yourself.

On other attributes--SimpliSafe is far cheaper, it sets up in less time than the ADT guys will spend on their sales pitch (I did a 3000 sq ft house in less than an hour), it is easier to maintain, and the hardware is of approximately the same quality.

I'd get motion sensor lights too