IGNORED

Best Instrumentals!

Shouldn't have got to p.3 of such a Thread as this without featuring Dave Hum RIP of The Huckleberries.

This is my favourite studio track (Speed The Plough/Mason's Apron from 'Jigweed', 1998). If the Thread continues there'll be plenty more showcasing Dave Hum.

I first saw The Huckleberries in the street in Bath. Stopped to watch as long as I could. Here's Dave Hum/Huckleberries entertaining a happy young crowd in Oxford, 2008:

Some nasty people try to stifle street music in the UK. My friend Jonny Walker RIP founded Keep Streets Live to counter that sort of thing. Here he is supported by notables inc. Billy Bragg and Bill Bailey:

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

Over a dozen covers were recorded in "63, often by aspiring surf rock bands, and often with little or no audible inspiration ... Additional noteworthy covers (out of well over 100)

Nice ...
Love the TV coverage of The Chantays!
Agree not many worthy covers -
I like Johnny Thunders' Live version
and there's something about Pat Metheny's acoustic rendition.
Quite like Nokie too!

On 8/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, christopher3393 said:

"The Lonesome Boatman" · Dropkick Murphys, 2017

Video unavailable UK. I'm keen to see any "Lonesome Boatman" as per OP! Here's the same Dropkick Murphys track I *can* see in UK. imo "The Lonesome Boatman" of its intrinsic nature is nothing if not plaintive. The best renditions I have heard are solo whistle. Then it evokes extreme feeling and longing. This Dropkick is one hell of an attack on it! Dropkick about the right word I'd say [Rugby Union refers.]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...