IGNORED

Best Instrumentals!

24 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

I was well initiated into Henry Cow by Lama Sphinx, and am grateful, but must confess that my go-to cow instrumental is:

I've heard that the famous Dutch cows are actually Polish and have been brought to the Netherlands after some terrible cow disease here centuries ago. Maybe all cows are Polish after all, even holy ones..

Anyway namaste, gasho etc..

Dalai Lama Dali Llama Shirt Cute Meditation Funny Gift" Poster by  IndiraVarma | Redbubble

5 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

The original recording of and old folk tune:

"Misirlou" · Tetos Dimitriadis, 1927

An instrumental jazz arrangement by Nick Roubanis was recorded first by Harry James and his orchestra in 1941

An even more popular version by pianist Jan August was released in 1947

A young southern Cal. surfing transplant who was fooling around with his Fender strat playing instrumentals as loud as he could (with his new Fender Showman amp that could seriously crank) for screaming young crowds , first heard the tune played at home on an oud. He rearranged it a little bit, adjusting speed and volume to taste.

Miserlou · Dick Dale & His Del-Tones, 1962

The song had a little revival in 1994 as background music for the rolling credits:

The rest is history...of endless cover versions both before and after the Dick Dale release. Dick Dale was the King of Surfing Music, bona fide.

OT (?)