IGNORED

Best Instrumentals!

6 hours ago, Iving said:

Yeah ... "strictly not sung" rules these out. Did you notice the mics? Big clue! But get out of jail as nice segue/education xxx

Make it classy:  Ebene Quartet (Quatuor Ebène) plays Pulp Fiction - "Misirlou", 2008

Make it grassy: "Misirlou" - Blood-Splattered Bluegrass

Make it snakey (and nakey!): Martin Denny - "Misirlou"

Make it swami:"Misirlou" -  Korla Pandit, 1951

But NO SINGEE even if it's Woody "Misirlou" - Woody Herman And His Orchestra (1941) [soooo exotic!]

Got it! 😏

Have a Bitchin' Summer!  "Misirlou" - Agent Orange, 1982  

• 8 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 3:12 PM, Iving said:

"The Hucklebuck" - Earl Hooker (1953 SUN unissued)

That' some obscure Earl Hooker! A fine instrumentalist.

This one's just a jam he recorded in the Chess studio. It got the management's attention and before you know it they had Muddy Waters singing it as "You Shook Me":

As for Hucklebuck, 

"With some melodic similarity to Charlie Parker’s “Now’s The Time” (1945) and virtually the same tune as Lucky Millinder's release of "D'Natural Blues" (recorded only weeks after this Williams version), “The Huckle-Buck” became a #1 R&B instrumental recording for the Paul Williams band and spawned various cover versions, most successfully by the Tommy Dorsey band."

Who knew? Not me. 🐮

(btw, cultural appropriation is not bullshit, it's just complicated sometimes, messy, divisive, and a perfectly good topic for any forum that has music as one of its main foci. So thankyou for your posts on that before it was censored, and I regret not fully appreciating them at the time. "All in the past. Move on, Move on!" 🙄)

31 minutes ago, Iving said:

You are the most astute and discerning Forum member of all ... at any place ... and of any time.

imo

Ok, I probably deserved that. But implied admonishments are so,,, well,,,......IMPLIED!...there,... that's better. Feel free to engage in direct pointing out at your leisure, as I am a remedial bovine, after all.

Sorry for OT. Back to topic. My favorite instrumental track of this year so far:

( probably a victim of sighted bias: it cracks my shit up. Cheers, bruv!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...