IGNORED

You know you are an audiophile when...

3 hours ago, PYP said:

you are watching a movie with your significant other and at a pivotal point in the plot/character relationships, you say:  "Nice speakers!  Those are the blah, blah.  I think they are the newest iteration."  Or:  "The set designer really likes the blue lights on the McIntosh gear."    

Happens all the time!

Does blathering on about pop music trivia count? "Oh this was written by ... etc".

Fortunately my other half is interested when I am holding forth about equipment too ... but I suspect that is her discerning cash flow implications.

I am the talker in our relationship on all matters actually. I know. I'm very unassuming and quiet here. Goes to show.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Explain or lie? :ph34r:9_9

anything in excess of $11,000 USD would be a discussion.  :P

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

7 hours ago, PYP said:

you are watching a movie with your significant other and at a pivotal point in the plot/character relationships, you say:  "Nice speakers!  Those are the blah, blah.  I think they are the newest iteration."  Or:  "The set designer really likes the blue lights on the McIntosh gear."    

The Departed...

No electron left behind.

20 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

The Departed...

This?  

image.thumb.png.4f2c0e012b5c134c9b41467942692a26.png

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

10 hours ago, PYP said:

anything in excess of $11,000 USD would be a discussion.  :P

For me, any audio component over $500 USD would be open to a very concerned discussion. Or any interconnects over $30. I possibly could be talked into an audio component up to $1,000 USD but it must have great sonics that can't be had for less money. Otherwise no way! Also, whatever it is, has to be offered at a good discount, as my father taught me, never pay retail. 

I guess @GUTB is right, I'm not an audiophile. I do love audiophile recordings though. 😊

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

when...you tell your significant other that "I think I'm done buying equipment" and you get that knowing nod, which takes decades to fully decipher.  There are so many things in that glance, but it seems there is always an element of this.

image.png.bab86113045fe099b26c8570afe78a44.png

On 7/15/2021 at 12:27 PM, PYP said:

Know one is a (hi fidelity focused) audiophile when 'nothing sounds quite right'.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Blackmorec said:

You know you’re an audiophile when you appreciate the quality of announcer’s voices on streamed radio

Many years ago (MANY...I was buying my first speakers—AR2ax) I was waiting for my turn in the audition room and I kept turning around to see who was talking right behind me. It was an FM radio announcer playing through a set of AR3a speakers!