IGNORED

DSD on Boss2 and Bit Depth.

I get no sound when playing DSD with Roon on my Boss2 with DietPi. The display says S32 176000. So it looks like it's receiving it. Everything I play on Roon shows S32. There isn't any DSP going on in Roon. Using JRiver with UPnP, everything works perfect and the display always shows the correct bit depth. S16, S24, S32. S24 when playing DSD. With LMS, It's the same as with Roon. However, Squeezelite has a bit depth setting and if set to 24, DSD works. However, everything says S24. 

So how do I get Roon to play DSD. And, in the case of Roon and LMS (set to 32 bit), is the bit depth being converted to 32 bit?

4 hours ago, Greg Conti said:

I get no sound when playing DSD with Roon on my Boss2 with DietPi. The display says S32 176000. So it looks like it's receiving it. Everything I play on Roon shows S32. There isn't any DSP going on in Roon. Using JRiver with UPnP, everything works perfect and the display always shows the correct bit depth. S16, S24, S32. S24 when playing DSD. With LMS, It's the same as with Roon. However, Squeezelite has a bit depth setting and if set to 24, DSD works. However, everything says S24. 

So how do I get Roon to play DSD. And, in the case of Roon and LMS (set to 32 bit), is the bit depth being converted to 32 bit?

Forwarded PM please check

• 7 months later...