IGNORED

Do I need clean USB power when using DAC with its own power supply?

18 hours ago, hopkins said:

Perhaps. But now think back about CD players. We had no trouble accepting the fact that a high quality CD player sounded better than a cheap one.

Speak for yourself. never heard any, regardless of how much salesmanship was at play.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There’s a time and place for both. Some things can only be found with measurements and some things can only be found with using a product. For example, a chip that holds static electricity in the winter when the air is dry, and discharges that electricity under certain circumstances causing pops/ticks/etc… in the summer the component works perfectly. No AP measurement routine is going to find that. 

Completely agree. 

With that said, equipment that measures poorly on the kinds of tests run at ASR is unlikely to reproduce audio faithfully. 

Measurements aren't sufficient IMO, but they're necessary. 

19 hours ago, audiobomber said:

ASR measurements are a joke. The Schiit Modi 3 scored very well, much higher than the Yggdrasil, which scored poorly. Which do you think sounds better?

I dunno. My Modi sounds great. Hard to imagine the Yggdrasil sounding better (if by "better" one means "more accurate"). But YMMV.

Saying measurements such as those conducted by Amir at ASR are a "joke" isn't a good look IMO. But again, YMMV.