IGNORED

Do I need clean USB power when using DAC with its own power supply?

For a bit of balance:

2 hours ago, Archimago said:

When I have a "standard" DAC (these days typically my RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition) and a "comparison" DAC side-by-side, then maybe I can make some consistent comments - but even then it's within the context of the whole system, room, ambient noise level, listener experience / hearing acuity, etc.

100% agreed. But I think this is how it becomes important that more observations (preferably 100s) would lead to the same conclusion.

What would be wrong-ish is that you just declared the RME ADI-2 Pro FS as a reference.

Why ?

I own one. It is no reference for me. Oh, for measurement figures perhaps. And hey, did I see talk about the Topping D50 ? measures great but I too say it sucks the life out of all. And I think I have read many more of these observations.

It is not so easy. Talk about it as adults (with you as an example, if I may say so) would be great.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

8 hours ago, Archimago said:
21 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I don't see much how anyone, self-acclaimed objectivist, can be interested in what any two or 200 person's listening experiences are because you set your mind in advance to what can and what can not be. It is supported by well-documented etc. stuff, so why would you care.

I say: you don't care at all (this is not personal-addressed btw, but you could help working this out). So ...

8 hours ago, Archimago said:

What "well documented" stuff are you talking about?

I referred to the ever repeated phrase of "you guys". You can count them in this thread. So that comes across as hand waving.

I myself never refer(red) to such things as I live from research (which is literal).

9 hours ago, Archimago said:

?? When did I say I never "heard of it". Who is the "everybody" you speak of ??

Please keep in mind:

21 hours ago, PeterSt said:

this is not personal-addressed btw, but you could help working this out

IOW, none of the things, except what I quoted from you, was addressed to you. It was addressed to all what happens in this thread and a lot of the forum which is easy to see (e.g., did you talk about the PRaT thing ? if not, then it wasn't addressed to you).

Again, who's stopping you from talking about this?

For example, you (though in a mild form). Look:

Feel free to engage and demonstrate that some of these things (like fuses) make a difference in the audio chain...

How ? (not that I would be engaged into anything around fuses - just saying).

Personally I always respect your enormous effort in your testing and elaborating which is brought in a neutral/transparent fashion. But I also think this shouldn't be held against "us" as if it were definite science. Mind you please, this is implied and not even by you explicitly. It just is.

I hope this is the last post between you and me which may smell like personal clash. I was and am not heading for that at all and if it seemed so then I apologize for clumsyness (in language);

I think we have seen in the past that there is one misnomer only: the statement that what is deemed inaudible (but certainly measured by you for difference), thus can not be the cause of perceived difference. 

That is really all and really the only disagreement we could have. Look, I work the other way around:

1. I perceive audible differences which I hold against audience which in 100% of cases come forward without any hints from me (I described those happenings by the dozens on my forum). Thus, this requires physical presence (this just is so, sadly - but you are all invited).

2.  Although the audible differences were meant to be (as a researcher and developer at the same time), in 100% of cases I seek an explanation in physics for it (not that I am educated in that field). This is mostly done by public reasoning (forum again) which allows for rejection and merely seeks aid. Without explanation, the phenomenon of concern still would not exist, despite #1.

3. In very early stage I needed to prove things to myself and to the outer world (encouraged by this very forum (C/A at the time)). I mean, if one makes bit perfect software that audibly makes wild differences just by some dials, one needs to do more than #1 and #2. So I developed measurement software myself and could easily prove that the differences were there (by your own very diff means) - over and over repeatable up to the 2nd LSB (1st being ADC noise).

And so the only difference between you and me is that I use the diff means to prove that the audible difference exists, while you use it to prove that it can not be. You see the difference all right, but "it can not be" (because of too low level).

Now what.

XXHighEnd (developer)

10 hours ago, BassFace said:

Which would confirm for the 3rd time now that you really dont know what your talking about no matter how you try to dress it up.

We are at 3333 so there's no need to keep on repeating this.

On 7/22/2021 at 4:25 PM, BassFace said:

I know I'm new on here but surely ignoring folk wont make any friends....

You can ignore me in advance.

XXHighEnd (developer)