IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

1 hour ago, Iving said:

Isn't that the point aside from annoying the hell out of people ... Exploitation of the gullible.

I have little concern for people with more money than sense. It's not like 'coyotes' are exploiting them by packing them in trucks with no water and driving them to buy overpriced audio gear. Let's get our priorities straight. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:44 AM, AudioDoctor said:

I turned on Roon to listen to streaming radio through the house and I get an advertisement. I tolerate this in my email because I have a junk filter, but I didn't pay for the software to have ads pushed to the Roon interface.

edit: This offer was in my email as well.

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 10.40.59 AM.png

I've never seen this ad before.  Maybe Roon has ceased displaying ads?

mQa is dead!

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, you should try it. It's an entire OS dedicated to playing music and only playing music. It does nothing else.

An OS is not a music application. So either they have packaged LMS, or developed something else from scratch, which I doubt. Documentation is not really clear... 

Just now, hopkins said:

An OS is not a music application. So either they have packaged LMS, or developed something else from scratch, which I doubt. Documentation is not really clear... 

You know, I provided a handy link to their website up above so you can learn all about it for yourself.

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, hopkins said:

The OS is a stripped down version of linux.  The music player is called Stylus ($299 USD).

mQa is dead!

17 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Euphony OS

Needs the computer running the OS to be connected to wired Ethernet (mine's connected via wi-fi) and the DAC to be connected via USB (I run a microRendu to which I stream via UPnP/DLNA or NAA), so I'm not able to explore the joys of Euphony.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

Needs the computer running the OS to be connected to wired Ethernet (mine's connected via wi-fi) and the DAC to be connected via USB (I run a microRendu to which I stream via UPnP/DLNA or NAA), so I'm not able to explore the joys of Euphony.

Jud, you can stream to an NAA with Euphony easily

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

Yes but that will be an additional $149US for a license for each endpoint on top of the initial $299US for the OS/player

How do you figure? The HQPlayer NAA which is the only one I am aware of, is a free download. It works only with HQPlayer but in what other way are you going to stream to it?

No electron left behind.

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

How do you figure? The HQPlayer NAA which is the only one I am aware of, is a free download. It works only with HQPlayer but in what other way are you going to stream to it?

From their webpage:

Euphony Endpoint license is intended for dual PC setup users, with server on one machine and playback endpoint on another. The license should be used on endpoint machine. Please note that the endpoint license does not include Stylus player and Roon. Only endpoints are available:

1. StylusEP – Squeezebox emulated endpoint. It can be used with Roon as server (You can try it with Logitech Media Server but we do not offer LMS as option inside Euphony). NOTICE: This is available only for releases starting from 20190520.
    2. Roon Bridge – Roon’s own endpoint. This can be used only with Roon as server.
    3. Squeezelite – Squeezebox emulated endpoint. This can be used with Roon or LMS (not provided by Euphony) as servers.
    4. HQPlayer embedded – It has all upsampling capabilities of HQPlayer desktop. It can be controlled from Roon or some other controller application and can play directly to attached DAC or to remote NAA. NOTICE: HQPlayer embedded requires it’s own license which is not included in our price.
    5. Networkaudio – HQplayer’s NAA endpoint. This can be used with HQPlayer embedded or HQPlayer Desktop as servers.
    6. Airplay – Airplay server. Use your iOS device to stream songs to Euphony Airplay endpoint.

mQa is dead!

1 minute ago, lucretius said:

From their webpage:

Euphony Endpoint license is intended for dual PC setup users, with server on one machine and playback endpoint on another. The license should be used on endpoint machine. Please note that the endpoint license does not include Stylus player and Roon. Only endpoints are available:

1. StylusEP – Squeezebox emulated endpoint. It can be used with Roon as server (You can try it with Logitech Media Server but we do not offer LMS as option inside Euphony). NOTICE: This is available only for releases starting from 20190520.
    2. Roon Bridge – Roon’s own endpoint. This can be used only with Roon as server.
    3. Squeezelite – Squeezebox emulated endpoint. This can be used with Roon or LMS (not provided by Euphony) as servers.
    4. HQPlayer embedded – It has all upsampling capabilities of HQPlayer desktop. It can be controlled from Roon or some other controller application and can play directly to attached DAC or to remote NAA. NOTICE: HQPlayer embedded requires it’s own license which is not included in our price.
    5. Networkaudio – HQplayer’s NAA endpoint. This can be used with HQPlayer embedded or HQPlayer Desktop as servers.
    6. Airplay – Airplay server. Use your iOS device to stream songs to Euphony Airplay endpoint.

That only applies if you want Euphony on your endpoint as well instead of anything else that has NAA software from Miska on it. Like a Raspberry Pi4.

No electron left behind.

28 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

I have little concern for people with more money than sense. It's not like 'coyotes' are exploiting them by packing them in trucks with no water and driving them to buy overpriced audio gear. Let's get our priorities straight. 

Well - it's not so much direct coercion that I have in mind. More - that some people have no money and no sense and - besides - little ability to think for themselves. You don't have to look far out of your window to see one or two. Anyway - the Subject is more in play than the Object. It's the motives behind "I saw you coming" that I call out with little hesitation.