IGNORED

I have had it with Roon, their lack of support, their user forum, and it's users...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Euphony OS

Needs the computer running the OS to be connected to wired Ethernet (mine's connected via wi-fi) and the DAC to be connected via USB (I run a microRendu to which I stream via UPnP/DLNA or NAA), so I'm not able to explore the joys of Euphony.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 minutes ago, hopkins said:

I just downloaded and tried it. Not too interested in audio quality (my DAC does not need an "audiophile" player) - library management and Qobuz is of interest. Unfortunately, Qobuz features are not any better than what is available on other applications (I have tried Volumio, USB Audio Player Pro, and LMS). Moreover, on Stylus Qobuz purchases are not accessible. Other frustrating limitations with Qobuz, on all players, is the poor navigation. How difficult would it be to navigate from a list of searched tracks to an artist or to the corresponding album ? 

I'll pass.

Perhaps Roon's forum is populated with evil Roon fans, and Roon does not answer every awesome feature requested by its users, but one has to admit that Roon integration is way above anything else. Unfortunately, I'm not going to pay the price for that. Will stick to browsing Qobuz on their website, adding albums to my favorites, until something better is available.

For Qobuz integration I like Audirvana, but I'm guessing you've already tried it?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

14 minutes ago, hopkins said:

MPD even has a Qobuz plugin, but Qobuz does not provide the credentials for using it! They prefer to have their customers pay for applications...

Same with upmpdcli, a UPnP/DLNA renderer using mpd - Qobuz made it impossible for subscribers like me to use upmpdcli to stream Qobuz on Linux, though the Qobuz app's own streaming capabilities are still in development.  (Another reason for me to use Audirvana.)

1 minute ago, Richard Dale said:

I use Qobuz with the MoOde UPnP service and it works just fine with client apps BubblePnP on Android and MconnectHD on iPadOS.

Yes, I know BubbleUPnP works.  For whatever reason, it's just upmpdcli.

7 minutes ago, Richard Dale said:

I have it running on MoOde and I assume it is what connects to Qobuz:

pi@bw-mm1:~ $ ps axwww | grep upmpdcli
  775 ?        Ssl    5:52 /usr/bin/upmpdcli -c /etc/upmpdcli.conf

I think I've been working from old news.  See 2019-10-6 and 2020-12-08 news entries here: https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

Not trying to be prickly, just trying to understand. I’ve used many different music players on both OSX and Linux and none of these players has an issue playing ALAC so it’s hard for me to understand why HQP is different.  That being said, what is the best way to batch convert ALAC files to flac?

OSX and Linux have all sorts of different tools. On Linux you'd probably be using ffmpeg or a GUI. On OSX I like XLD.

You can also convert to AIFF, though that takes up more space since it's an uncompressed format.

• 3 months later...
52 minutes ago, musicjunkie917 said:

I have been running Roon and HQPlayer Embedded together on a sonicTransporter for over 4 years with only one issue that was a Small Green Computer problem.

Having said that, I think Roon's support model sucks and that their COO is an egomaniacal idiot who should be kept away from customers.

I didn't want you to think I was laughing at you with a simple emoji reaction, so I'll just say I got a real kick out of that last sentence and your ability to see beyond your own personal experience with hardware and Roon.

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

…..also I’m able to type in an IP address, but nothing is happening. 
Can leave out 8088. No response. 

image.jpg

What version of what OS?

11 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Where ? Client or Core ?

Client is on latest W10 pro. Core is latest embedded 4,28 I think it is, on Linux of cause. 

The reason I asked is because I experienced the client not working when both client and HQP itself were installed to a later version of (X)Ubuntu than the LTS version specified by Miska, because the expected versions of various libraries weren’t there. But this is a different use case than yours and so I think irrelevant. Sorry I wasn’t able to be of any help.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You’re not normal. 

59 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

you're certainly welcome to your opinion. 

12 minutes ago, musicjunkie917 said:

No. It's the hardware making the noise. It's called software for a reason. You can run the exact same software doing the same exact thing on two different hardware platforms and get drastically different noise profiles. It's the hardware......

Please read the linked post and Gordon Rankin’s response. These are two engineers with experience in audio hardware and software.

https://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/messages/12/126159.html

18 minutes ago, musicjunkie917 said:

I have very good ears

We’ll need a certificate from your audiologist. 😏