IGNORED

Audiowise Opto-USB, SRC-DX and early experiments with the Chord Qutest before moving to TT2

8 hours ago, edwardsean said:

It seems like Audiowise and PGGB are partnering together in some ways, and I just think that's fantastic.

I'd say SRC.DX opens the doors to all software based solutions. HQPlayer certainly benefits from it as well. 

I like the fact I have ability to upgrade the software as@Miska keeps improving and adding to HQPlayer all the time. It feels like the whole system advances advances over time and doesn't stand still. I don't need to change/sell the hardware each time to gain these improvements.

PGGB adds to this in the sense I've used it for my favourite albums but as I listen to mainly streaming material, I'd say HQP is 90-95% of my listening.

Adding a JS-2 to the oR was a very nice uplift. Adding the JS-2 to the TT2 was nice but more subtle. Tweaking the presentation. Adding the SRC-DX I think resulted in the biggest change… for me anyway. 

I’d imagine the USB cable is going to influence the outcome as well as BNC cables. More so the USB though. I have to say I think the SRC-DX is one of the best value for money upgrades, especially with dual BNC Chord DACs.

5 minutes ago, edwardsean said:

Both USB and BNC cables make a large difference. It’s hard to estimate which makes the bigger difference, but both are worth the investment. I’m using a Sablon 2020 for the USB. However, if your configuration physically allows for you to use Uptone’s USPCB, it is a cheap way to get a very clean, high quality connection. That way you could concentrate on the BNC cables until you’re ready to upgrade the USB. 

The SRC-DX does represent a great value against other DDCs. If you need multiple I/Os then, of course, its not the solution for you. However, if you need dual BNC for Chord DACs, it is the only solution. 

Once I'm happy that I'm used to how everything sounds now, I'll try a few other BNC cables. I have the Tellurium Q Silver Diamond USB which I'm really happy with. Although, it isn't the most flexible, it does sound incredible.

17 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I had a similar reaction to the JS-2 powering my TT2.  It worked wonders powering a few other devices, but a more subtle lift with the TT2.  

The Farad Super3 was a different story altogether.  The lift from this made it one of the best value for the money upgrades.  I think I said at the time it landed that it was a steal.  It gets even better though as it scales really well with a better power cord.

I’ve yet to try the SRC-DX, but it’s on my list of things to try at some point.  Glad to hear it worked out well for you.

I have minimal space for my system... in my office, so only space for one LPS. I did look at the Farad Super 3 but it's a fixed voltage and only one rail so it lost out to the JS-2... which is excellent with the oR.

Yes, definitely give the SRC-DX a try... see if you can get a demo of one if you can!