IGNORED

New BOSS 2 not powering up...

I finally received my Boss 2 bundle with Nirvana power supply and WiFi dongle.  I plugged in the Nirvana and... nothing happens.  Screen is blank!!  I've unplugged it and back in a couple of times.  I think I see a dimly lit green light around the infrared sensor.  But that's it.  Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks for any help!!

Brian

8 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

I finally received my Boss 2 bundle with Nirvana power supply and WiFi dongle.  I plugged in the Nirvana and... nothing happens.  Screen is blank!!  I've unplugged it and back in a couple of times.  I think I see a dimly lit green light around the infrared sensor.  But that's it.  Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks for any help!!

Brian

You are powering the Boss 2 player through Boss 2 DAC DC in connector only right? Forwarded PM also please check

Hello,

Yes, I'm using the Nirvana 5v power supply and plugging it directly into the plug next to the RCA outputs.  I should also mention that I have made some progress.

After pulling the unit apart and checking everything, I then focused my attention on the 16GB micro card.  Having plugged the unit into power and then plugging an Ethernet cable in, I noticed that I was not seeing any kind of blinking on the Ethernet indicator lights.  Instead, the lights were solid.  I then opened up a browser and typed in "http://moode.local".  I got nothing.  This led me to believe that something was wrong with the micro card or the image on it.  So, I attempted to re-image the micro card with the latest Moode audio version 7.  I used Etcher but it kept failing.  So, I grabbed another micro card from my Allo Boss 1 Pi setup that I've had for quite sometime.  I flashed the card and loaded it into the Allo Boss 2.  Low and behold, I was able to pull up the Moode player in my browser.  

The LCD screen still doesn't work but that might be because of a setting in Moode that I haven't set.  But at least I know that a part of the thing is working.  Continuing with my efforts.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, DrVenkman said:

Hello,

Yes, I'm using the Nirvana 5v power supply and plugging it directly into the plug next to the RCA outputs.  I should also mention that I have made some progress.

After pulling the unit apart and checking everything, I then focused my attention on the 16GB micro card.  Having plugged the unit into power and then plugging an Ethernet cable in, I noticed that I was not seeing any kind of blinking on the Ethernet indicator lights.  Instead, the lights were solid.  I then opened up a browser and typed in "http://moode.local".  I got nothing.  This led me to believe that something was wrong with the micro card or the image on it.  So, I attempted to re-image the micro card with the latest Moode audio version 7.  I used Etcher but it kept failing.  So, I grabbed another micro card from my Allo Boss 1 Pi setup that I've had for quite sometime.  I flashed the card and loaded it into the Allo Boss 2.  Low and behold, I was able to pull up the Moode player in my browser.  

The LCD screen still doesn't work but that might be because of a setting in Moode that I haven't set.  But at least I know that a part of the thing is working.  Continuing with my efforts.

Update : Checked backend commands , and reported issue is resolved.