IGNORED

Win 10 / Server 2019 : What are the latest developments?

Nikhil

The discussions on Windows OS options seem to have completely died out on here.

Are there any of you still using Windows on your Audio Server?

For those like me who prefer Windows can you please share what the latest developments are?

I have been very happy with my Win 10 machine and would like to explore Server 2019.

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

Those of us using Windows Server 2019 is awaiting the launch of Audio Optimizer 4.0 ?? for cleaning up Win server 2021/22. 

I have taken the journey with WinServer 2012/2016/2019 GUI mode and CORE command line Mode, All with Audio Optimizer.

Tried the Audiolinux, Euphony, etc - Just did not sound right to my ears. 

Linux was another choice, but I prefer Driver direct availabilty under Windows then Linux's universal driver suitability.

Linux command line - just not my cup of tea too.

Fidelizer 8.0 - I used for a while and then dropped it. I dont like it messing around with the Core optimization. I let HQplayer do it - 

57 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

Those of us using Windows Server 2019 is awaiting the launch of Audio Optimizer 4.0 ?? for cleaning up Win server 2021/22. 

I have taken the journey with WinServer 2012/2016/2019 GUI mode and CORE command line Mode, All with Audio Optimizer.

That's great feedback.  Do you prefer to Audio Optimizer for the fully automated setup?  

Which version of Server do you have installed on your machine? (Standard / Essentials / Datacenter)

Am I correct in assuming that you are also a JPlay user with a two machine setup?

Linux was another choice, but I prefer Driver direct availabilty under Windows then Linux's universal driver suitability.

Linux command line - just not my cup of tea too.

Yeah I agree on this.  I tried Linux (well Ubuntu Studio actually) and it was not for me.

Fidelizer 8.0 - I used for a while and then dropped it. I dont like it messing around with the Core optimization. I let HQplayer do it -

Interesting ... did you find the sound to be better without Fidelizer?

Regards

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

rIntel 10700k Win Server 2019 Datacenter Core Mode - Ultimate Extreme setup for USB Direct connection Only - No network connectivity at all

Second PC Intel 6700k - WinServer 2019 Datacenter Core Mode with Network connectivity for Streaming through HQplayer's NAA to my SOTM SM200 Ultra Neo Audio Endpoint.

No I am not a Jplay 2 pc user. I prefer to upsample. DSD256/EC modulator from Jussi of Hqplayer puts the noise way above human hearing. DSD is softer in the HiFreq than PCM. Sweeter sounding. I have tried upsampling PCM to 705.6 khz and playing back using a bit perfect player like Hysolid. Still prefer HQPlayer's DSD256/EC Modulator upsampling and playback.

Fidelizer is not what i would say is bad. I just don't know what processes the 8.0 pro version is doing. AO3 is simpler - Just shut down everything that is not to do with Audio playback. I dont like the idea of messing around with the Core assignment, process priority, latency and all that. I was even using Process Lasso.

Strip Win Server 2019 down to 20 processes and everything else shut down. The music playback is so quiet, so CALM. You hear every instrument and vocal decay, hall ambience. etc.

7 hours ago, kelvinwsy said:

I prefer to upsample. DSD256/EC modulator from Jussi of Hqplayer puts the noise way above human hearing. DSD is softer in the HiFreq than PCM. Sweeter sounding. I have tried upsampling PCM to 705.6 khz and playing back using a bit perfect player like Hysolid. Still prefer HQPlayer's DSD256/EC Modulator upsampling and playback.

I was into DSD until a few years ago.  At the moment my DACs are restricted to DSD 128 so have not been able to go up to DSD256.  

In fact I haven't moved from HQPlayer 3 as well.   However I only use it occasionally now and I know what you say about DSD. It is nice.

But this why I started this thread.  Thanks for sharing your hardware and software specs.  

Regards