IGNORED

The development of Project ClayX Mutec MC-3+USB x Farad Super3 Black Modenize Edition

Adrian,

We are all waiting for an announcement about pricing for the Mutec Mod.   Any news on the horizon?

As Iving suggested, will there be a collective price for sending you their mutec for the mod, plus the Farad, plus the cable?

Regards Cazzesman

I can vouch for the fact that Mjw21a is so happy about the SQ results from AfterDark and Farad he is naming his next child Adrian Mattijs :-)

I might add, that like many explorers, I could well follow in his footsteps sooner rather than later.   No more next children though for me folks.   Keep up the grand work you two. 

Regards Cazzesman

• 5 months later...

I have had a Mutec USB 3+ for many years now.    Fabulous bit of kit.     About 6-8 months ago I came across AfterDark via this Website.    I bought a  Project ClayX GIESEMANN OCXO 10MHz Reference Master Clock with the LPS to connect to the Mutec and that lifted the SQ.

I eventually decided to give my Mutec a facelift.

https://www.adark.co/products/mutec-mc-3-smart-clock-usb-black

I went the full-monty after getting a good price from Adrian at AD during the Black Friday sales.  

I Express posted my Mutec for the 'Project ClayX Mutec MC-3+USB x Farad Super3 Black Modenize Edition' makeover.    3 week round trip to Hong Kong/Australia and back was pretty good.   

I was able to run my Mini PC music player via USB into the Kii 3 controller while the Mutec was gone, so music was still available.  

The Mutec and Farad S3 have been back in situ for the past 170 hours now.    Adrian suggests 500 hours for the S3 to burn in.   

What can I say.............................smooth, full, dynamic and such easy listening for long, long periods.    There's a richness and depth to all recordings.    Vocals sound amazingly lifelike.    Basically next to no grain anywhere except on poor recordings.       

On the best recordings the sounds are truly engulfing.

IMHO another worthwhile upgrade to my system.   I am running the Farad S3 with a new Peter Graves - Audio Principe Premium power cable which easy bested the stock cable I initially used.

Can't fault AfterDark's work, products and bedside manner.   Adrian is always super quick to respond to emails.   Prices are very competitive for quality products.

I have zero affiliation to AfterDark, just a happy and satisfied customer.

Regards Cazzesman