IGNORED

Article: Apple Music's Lossless and Hi-Res Mess

Recording engineers are discussing / trying to understand Apple Music here. Taylor Swift's engineer pops in to discuss his Atmos mixes

https://gearspace.com/board/new-product-alert/1354059-apple-music-announces-spatial-audio-dolby-atmos-will-bring-lossless-audio-entire-catalog.html

On my iPhone / THX Onyx combo I find the few AM hires tracks I could find comparable with Qobuz. So now they need to update thier music library. I wonder how long that will take. 

I agree with the computer audiophile, Spatial and Atomos seems to be a real mess sound quality wise, especially with non Apple headphones. The only track I enjoyed was The Doors "Rider of the Storm" in Atmos. All the others seem to mangle the audio with a weird phasey - washed out effect. 

There are also long scrolling pages of instructions for what to switch on and what not to if you aren't using Apple's latest headphones. That's a confusing PITA IMHO. 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health