IGNORED

Audiophile 24bit 96khz Studio Master Files on BandCamp!!!

Thanks for the info!! 👍

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

As a bonus, quite often the artist will release a hi res version on WAV only at Bandcamp. There's nothing in the description of the download that points to a hires version. Typical example is Jazz Sabbath,  the flac is redbook, the wav is 88.2 IIRC.

It's a little more work to make the flac yourself with the right tools to set the metadata,  no biggie. I always now download the wav.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

37 minutes ago, christian u said:

I wonder if BandCamp will start doing hi-res streaming in the future as a response to apple.

I sure hope not. This whole name/numbers game is getting old, and is really just a cynical marketing ploy by the behemoths, imo. Of course, if it costs Bandcamp nothing to do so then sure, but I'd rather keep the $ going to the labels and artists vs server upgrades in order to play keeping up with the Joneses (who really don't give a sh*t about hi-res other than attracting new users for subs and marketing data). 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 6/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, christian u said:

On Carmen's own bandcamp site you can get the 16/44 files but also order the very fine sounding Red Book CD versions.

But of course there is something to be said for owning the original one to one copy of the master file for an audiophile classic album like Thousand Shades of Blue  download from the Sound Liaison site.

spacer.png

I'd recommend folks go for the 24/96, much better IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

On the first Friday of the month since March of 2020, we’ve waived our revenue share to help support artists on Bandcamp. Over the course of just those 26 days, fans have paid artists and labels more than $91 million USD. If you’re among the nearly 1.5 million fans who have participated, thank you.

The next Bandcamp Friday is February 3rd, and Bandcamp Fridays will continue in 2023 on March 3rd, April 7th, May 5th, August 4th, September 1st, October 6th, November 3rd, and December 1st. As always, isitbandcampfriday.com has the details.

If you’ve started to feel guilty about buying music on any other day of the month, here’s something to keep in mind: on Bandcamp Fridays, an average of 93% of your money reaches the artist/label (after payment processor fees). When you make a purchase on any other day (as millions of you have, with more than $1 billion now paid directly to artists), an average of 82% reaches the artist/label. Every day is a good day to support artists on Bandcamp!

• 4 weeks later...

Meanwhile Peter Gabriel is also on Bandcamp with all his albums.

He will release a new Album this year: "i/O".

The album will contain each track in 2 versions - one mixed by Tchad Blake ("dark side mix") and one mixed by Mark 'Spike' Stent ("bright side mix").

Until the full album release Gabriel will publish track by track around full moon.

Until now there are 2 tracks ("Panopticum" and "The Court") in both mix versions and the latest track ("Playing for time") in the "dark side mix" version.

Pretty interessting to listen to the different versions!

Since the new tracks are all 96kHz/24bit I suspect that all his former albums on Bandcamp are also highres.

https://petergabriel.bandcamp.com/music

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

The first two tracks from I/O are also on Apple Music in immersive Atmos ("inside mix"), and the mixes are amazing.  Playing For time is a piano-based track with strings, so probably less adventurous once the Atmos mix is released.

Sorry for going a bit O/T

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 9:07 PM, ted_b said:

The first two tracks from I/O are also on Apple Music in immersive Atmos ("inside mix"), and the mixes are amazing.  Playing For time is a piano-based track with strings, so probably less adventurous once the Atmos mix is released.

Sorry for going a bit O/T

No problem! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

It's BandCamp Friday.

I'll be getting a bunch of Compact Disks for  Christmas gifts for my old-fashioned friends. These 2 go well together;

spacer.png  spacer.png

Engineer Frans de Rond has captured the entire setting in a way that allows you to experience the superb interplay of these seasoned musicians. This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly only seems make the music even more intense not louder”

Great first review of Carmen Gomes Inc.Stones In My Passway’ in JazzFlits. 

Both album downloads are part of the sale at soundliaison.com/ in DXD,DSD and Flac.

"Stones In My Passway’ is part two of ‘’Discovering the music of Robert Johnson’’ series in

which Carmen Gomes Inc. breathes new life into the musical legacy of Robert Johnson….

…The short atmospheric pieces between the tracks, where you are taken to the scene of the events like in a radio play, are a real treasure. Thus, the album opens with a beautiful intro where a passing train, wind noise, and a single guitar chord transports you to the deep south of the United States.

…Carmen sings the blues straight from the heart, profoundly, with authenticity and heartfelt sincerity, eschewing any unnecessary embellishments.

…Her band has mastered this repertoire completely. 

The slow tempos are beautifully exploited, with each musician contributing sparingly but with authority. In their renditions of Johnson's pieces, you feel the clammy, sweaty air in the ominous dark shady clubs, where the blues was interspersed with drinking parties.and fights……

Engineer Frans de Rond has captured the entire setting in a way that allows you to experience the superb interplay of these seasoned musicians. This is so well recorded that turning up the volume knob significantly only seems to make the music even more intense not louder.. 

With this release, an impressively good album has been added to Carmen's discography.

My suggestion is to buy both part one (Up Jumped The Devil) and part two (Stones in My Passway as they don't fall short of each other and only become more precious with time.”

• 2 months later...